Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Zest Framework on GitHub (a lite version of OryUI for games)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2023 17:21
If you've used OryUI and found it useful, you might like Zest Framework if you make games with AGK.

With OryUI you could create a sprite and update a lot of setting with a single line of code by calling a function and overloading the parameter with a single long string that's semicolon delimited. I wanted to be able to do the same when I was creating Tile Odyssey as I'm not keen on writing 10 lines of code to set up a single sprite how I want it, but I didn't want to include the whole of the OryUI framework when I weren't going to use all of it so I created a new smaller version that manages image buttons, sprites, text, and touches.

Unlike OryUI which was never really finished, I'm classing Zest Framework as pretty much finished.

The name Zest was suggested by ChatGPT when I was looking for a really short name. At the time it gave a somewhat cool reason why it chose Zest which is why I went with it, but I can't remember what it is, and if you have too many chats with ChatGPT the old ones eventually disappear forever.

You can find Zest Framework on GitHub. There's a small wiki section which shows a couple of examples on how to use each widget. If you've used OryUI it's pretty much the same, just different function names

https://github.com/KevinCrossDCL/Zest-Framework/
Please don't send me private messages via the forum messaging system as I don't get notified, and I don't visit the forum all that much so often see the messages a month or two later. You can find me on the AppGameKit Discord if you want to message me that way.

OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
AGK Examples & Mini Projects (GitHub)
Missing AppGameKit Commands (GitHub)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:45:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:45:25