Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How do I synchronize an animation of a 3d mesh with the delta?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone, does anyone have an algorithm to synchronize the animation according to the delta so that it is more fluid?

I'm creating a LAN multiplayer game, and I noticed that if I create an application out of fullscreen, and for some eventuality, I click on the border of the window, the application freezes, and regardless of the time it remains frozen, the animation of the 3d object, no synchronizes with the " freeze ", and if the 2 computers are side by side, the animations are not running in the synchronized frame ... can someone help me?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2023 19:09
not used myself but have you tried accounting for the difference with SetObjectAnimationFrame() ?
SkinK4ir3
Years of Service
User Offline
I've tried, but I still have no idea of the necessary mathematical logic ...

I made this algorithm below to know the % of the delta differential, but i don't know how to apply it....
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2023 20:20 Edited at: 22nd May 2023 20:21
Update( FrameTime )

This will update Animations, Physics, Tween, based upon the input time... if we use 0 then AppGameKit uses the Time between the current and last Sync (i.e. GetFrameTime( )) although keep in mind this function is inaccurate.
If we manually call this, it WILL override it's call within Sync( ) although it is better to use Render( ) : Swap( ).

Now in order to get both Client and Server to be running the same time., we can use GetSecondsFromUnix( )
Keep in mind this value is going to be universal...

This is a Timer Type and Function... pretty simple to figure out how to use it.
By Default, this is NOT going to be Synchronised between Applications, but we can change that using Unix Time.

Alright, so now any Timers we create are Synchronised with the Unix Time WHEN you created them.
Now remember both Unix Time and Timer( ) should be Synchronised., meaning we can now send the Trunc( TimeName.Duration ) (Integer... Milliseconds) and Unix Seconds (Integer) together.
We then compare it on the Client Side when we receive the Message.

Latency# = Abs( ( ClientSecond + (ClientMillisecond * 0.001) ) - ( HostSecond + (HostMillisecond * 0.001) ) )

This will give us the Latency (in Seconds) ... now as a note if we want this in Milliseconds we just * 1000.0
Remember that Latency# is going to be an Offset., so we want to then add that to our Update( MainLoop.Duration + Latency# ) and this will ensure that ALL Clients are Synchronised with the Host Application.

It might also be a good idea to store Latency over 1s Periods., as this IS going to be useful for Network Prediction purposes.
But I wont delve into that here.
Hopefully this is helpful.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2023 21:32
looks solid, Raven. i hadn't thought of a use for unixtime until i saw this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 14:19:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 14:19:10