Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Open Gl bug meshes flicker on 3d objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2023 04:12 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2023 04:31
This only happens in Open gl as I tested it on both in app game kit classic and in studio then I thought I wonder if I put studio on Basic and yes it happens then also. But non in Vulcan.

But my problem is when I put a animated 3d object some meshes meshes flicker together.

It could be a polygon weight problem but do not know as I joined the mesh as one and exported it and tried it but that did not fix the issue,

But this is what gets me, it only happens in Open Gl.

Any one have a answer?

Ok so i deleted a part of the model and it fixed the issue so it is how the models are weighted to there bones. And it is a sad thing because Vulcan does not have problems with it.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2023 19:51
It is a depth issue that could potentialy be resolved with a depth command and or camera range. 2 faces fighting for the front.

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2023 20:35
Seems like a duplicate face issue, sometimes you can fix this by opening the model in Blender, Press Alt + M > Select "By Distance" ... if the duplicate faces are shearing a vertex or vertex space this will merge them, you can play with the distance value to try and meger vertices "just" outside the range
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
The root cause is the difference in depth precision between OpenGL and Vulkan. Vulkan has an inverse precision format (inverted depth, related to the 'IsDepthInverted()' command in AGK/S so you can tell if/when it is active and running in Vulkan). In general, this results in higher overall precision since most objects remain pretty close to the camera and only increase in precision the closer they get (it's also why you can drop the near clip range much lower in Vulkan without artifacts as in OpenGL). There are some other benefits and considerations with the newer system, but that is likely the main reason for the difference you observed in depth clipping between layers.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
I took a small break and have not fixed this yet and did not even know there was answers.

I will try to look into the depth and see what happens.

Thank you all for helping.
blink0k
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 12th Jul 2023 14:53
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2023 04:21 Edited at: 13th Jul 2023 04:22
blink0k

lol, now that is funny as it is the exact problem im having and there is a command for it, I never even knew.

Thank you, I will use this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:22:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:22:26