Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Tier 2 tutorial /examples help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, im attempting to jump into tier 2 as i want my next project to be done in tier 2. I have fallowed the steps in the appgamekit studio tutorial files for android studio but cant seem to get any of the examples to work. Im mostly getting errors that it cant find the . h files. Ive also tried them with visual studios with no luck. Are the examples just out of date or is there an easier way because it seems like a lot of steps to get the examples to work in the first place. Thanks
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2023 08:06
it might be somewhat out dated if it hadn't been updated for years. But anyways; make sure the project folders are directly placed in the tier 2 apps folder. See template_android_google for how the android project should look. If it is setup like that template folder is should be able to find the .h files. If your project folder is within another folder then it probably won't be able to find the .h files. Just keep in mind you will need to run the jniComple.bat file externally from Android studio as building doesn't seem to work from within Android Studio. I hadn't tested on an actual device in a long time but was able to get the template_android_google to build and load in the emulator before it crashed. Unfortunately I can't really help on the specifics as I haven't been messing with the tier 2 mobile side of things just desktop.
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
this is where im at currently in android studio i put all the .h in the folde but im geting so many errors stil
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2023 20:35 Edited at: 9th Jun 2023 20:37
in the jni folder where the source files are located there is an Android.mk file. Look into it and see if there is a variable set called AGK_PATH and make sure it is pointing to
the root of the tier 2 library. This folder should contain the following folders
apps
common
bullet
platform

If that variable isn't in there just make sure all the paths are pointing correctly to the paths to AppGameKit includes and libs.
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you i was able to make it further but now im getting cannot resolve symbol errors for fragment, localBroadcastManager and a few others
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2023 01:07 Edited at: 15th Jun 2023 01:08
i just get what seems to be a never ending list of errors no mater what tutorial i fallow

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2023 03:13 Edited at: 28th Jun 2023 03:14
did you add the lib to the project or tell the IDE where to look for the lib

the include errors means the IDE can not find the header files and it seems you solved that, header files contain the function declaration

unresolved external means the header was found and the IDE knows "xxx" function is there but the linker can not find the actual function body which is defined in the .lib or in this case the .so

I am not sure how to di it in Android Studio but look for a "linker" setting "Gradle" I think its called and make sure it can find the android folder in the platforms folder
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:40:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:40:35