Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / admob not working?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im sorry to post twice in a row like this but i can not get my admob ads to play anymore and as of at least a month ago they were working. ive tried the different commands and it wont work. can anyone verify that its working or not for them?
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2023 17:53
I'm seeing earnings from my Android and iOS apps with Admob. This includes income right up to today.

I've double checked and I am sure I built them using the most recent version of AppGameKit Studio (V2023.01.25) as the published date says 24th February 2023. I've just run the app too on my phone and it shows interstitial adverts as expected.
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
the test ads are working but is there a way tos ee the real ads to make sure they are working before full release?
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2023 17:32
It's been a little while since I set Admob up as I don't use it for my newest apps, but I don't think it will show live adverts until you have set up a store listing and published it. In the Admob admin website if you go to your app and choose "App settings" you need to give it the "App store details" and it says "To make sure setup is complete and your app is ready to show ads, you must add one or more app stores and provide the store details for this app".

According to their help pages, before it will show live ads:
Your app must be published and available to end-users.
Your app must be listed in a supported store (so basically Google Play or Apple's App Store).
Your app must be set up correctly in AdMob and linked to a supported store.

Until it meets all three criteria then your app won't show real adverts. I think it has to be approved by them too to ensure it meets their rules, so there will be a delay before the ads appear. It is sort of a blind "wait and see if everything actually works" kind of situation when you turn off test ads and publish your app.

The full help info is here:
https://support.google.com/admob/answer/10564477?hl=en
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2023 20:53
if test ads work fine then you code is ok
Just publish your app/game on play store with real ads code and also publish app-ads.txt
Real ads will comes surely .
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
im unsure where im supposed to "publish app-ads.txt" to?
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2023 15:09
You don't have to set up an "app-ads.txt" file but it can help when advertisers bid on where their adverts appear. Basically it allows you to set who can supply adverts to appear in your app and gives you more control.

To create the file, you will need a website of your own which you use as a developer. If your website is "example.com" then you would upload the text file so it is accessible at https://example.com/app-ads.txt

A lot more information on the app-ads.txt file and where to download one from is available in this section of the Admob help:
https://support.google.com/admob/answer/9787936?hl=en&ref_topic=7384409&sjid=8059591393790006424-EU

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 16:50:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 16:50:36