Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / how to read video card information

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2023 18:02
After searching the forum, I could only see answers dealing with DarkBasic. But I am using AppGameKit Classic.
I would like to be able to read system information, especially video adapter specs in my game. I want to check if their system is above a certain level before running. There most likely wouldn't be an issue, but I want to make sure when setting the FPS.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2023 18:31 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2023 21:57
i agree that the functionality would be nice but know of no native way to retrieve.

MadBit recently added some DesktopMode functionality to FileExplore. perhaps you could request what you need there.

on second thought, you may want to simply allow the user to set themselves up with the DesktopMode functionality mentioned. check out that thread starting about HERE.
snaidamast
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello...

I believe what you may looking for can be found in the following documentation for the "Core" part of the "AppGameKit Classic" documentation.. https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Core.htm

Steve Naidamast
Sr. Software Engineer
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2023 02:20
If it's only about FPS, you could do a benchmark on first start-up.

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 22:06:59
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 22:06:59