Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Blender Direct export and run Addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2023 07:36 Edited at: 5th Aug 2023 16:40
I don't think I made a dedicated post for my addon yet besides sticking it random places. This addon is for blender 2.79 it may be compatable with newer version but.x format is not so the file type in the script would need to be changed.
You will also need to install the .x blender addon to make it work. User pref addon .x install

This addon adds a button to blender on the agk tab give the project a name and click (Test/PLay). Clicking the button will create a folder on your desktop called agk workspace and create a prebuilt scene with camera and keyboard controls along with an auto texture loader. Models will be exported to the project folder along will all refereneced textures. Do not use jpeg or gif for textures in blender since agk does not support them.

Demonstration of it working.

plugin.py file
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/attachment/89406
raw src

to install the .py file Navigate to File > User Preferences.
In the Blender User Preferences window click the Add-ons tab.
Click Install from File... and select the file
Select File > User preferencesā€¦ Then Addons > Install from fileā€¦
Add a subdirectory under my_scripts called addons (it must have this name for Blender to recognize it).
Open the File Paths section of the Preferences.
Set the Scripts file path to point to your script directory (e.g. my_scripts).
Save the preferences and restart Blender for it to recognize the new add-on location.

IMportant Note!
must be in object mode when you run test/play otherwise it may alter the locations of objects to zero, you can always undo it if it happens.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 20:29:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 20:29:47