Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [LOCKED] Seeking Business Partner for Multiplayer Brigand

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2
Posted: 8th Aug 2023 07:14 Edited at: 17th Aug 2023 00:39
Hello all,

I released Brigand: Oaxaca on Steam back in 2017 for beer money, a game built in DarkBASIC Pro. I have since moved on to AppGameKit for my current project that is completely different, mostly because of the cross-platform compatibility. My next project is a long way off, and most of my income is still coming from Brigand. And now Steam Proton has Brigand running smoothly on Linux. I'm getting a lot of requests for Brigand multiplayer, and I've been having pipe dreams about it for years, but I have never touched network coding before in my life. And of course I don't want to give the Brigand source code out to just anybody because some sneaky individuals could make a knockoff version and sell it for undeserved vodka ruples on a platform I've never heard of.

So, if someone were willing to work with me on a project called Brigand Tournament (working title), he or she could sell it on Steam and kick me back, say, 25% for the original source code and IP (very rough estimate depending on how much I'm involved). If anyone is interested and has experience making network programs in DBP, reply or send me an email at blancaster45@gmail.com. I might make you sign a software license-type NDA thing before giving you the source code. Thanks.

Email: blancaster45@gmail.com
laughingcoyote.net
Laughing Coyote Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2
Posted: 13th Aug 2023 22:07 Edited at: 14th Aug 2023 17:38
There are 18212 lines of code (all world information, dialogue, items, abilities, etc. are in notepad scripts). I'll post the first 800 lines of code here so you can see what it looks like. Terrain uses matrices, which is kind of a pain to code around. If anyone is interest in some extra lager lucre or liquor lolly, bourbon bucks, or slizzard spondoolies, contact me (but seriously, you could make a real income from this).
laughingcoyote.net
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2023 06:02
i'm locking this where any "business" talk should occur in private and brian's offered his contact information for that.

what he didn't offer was a link to the game on steam for those unfamiliar with or interested in learning more about the unique world he's created along with its fanbase.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 03:43:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 03:43:36