Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Game Creators, when are we getting a GUI for the App part of AGK Studio?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think we've all been waiting long enough for a GUI to be provided so we can build an application as promised as part of AppGameKit Tier 1. I have purchase so much stuff from you guys, and you have yet to deliver the one thing I've been waiting for forever! Please deliver a GUI library for Tier 1.
brunuu
Years of Service
User Offline
it would be good, very good

but frankly, it already exists.
https://github.com/KevinCrossDCL/OryUI - Good On Phones
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/226909 - This one is included on AppGameKit Plugins
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2023 11:41
Win32 API, GTK and whatever mac uses, IOS and Android, wrapping a GUI lib that encompasses all that is a rather large undertaking and to be quite frank I do not want a half implemented GUI system that works on anything but has so many restrictions that its not worth using, there are already options for GUI's out there and they are far better than anything TGC could offer .... [not slating TGC here, I understand the complexity involved and realise the sacrifices that would need to be made in order to make the afore mentioned GUI libs working from a single code base, it would be basic, very very basic!!]

The "App" part of AppGameKit IMO indicates that it can also be used to make Apps and not restricted to games ... pretty much like any other framework, it offers the tools to make Apps that can not be argued but if you are wanting more I respectfully suggest you adjust your expectations!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2023 17:29
As a bit of a programmer I think I could make my own GUI as and when needed within tier 1 . Mad Bit has one .
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2023 05:32 Edited at: 5th Oct 2023 05:42
There are some Dll options and t2 options as mentioned, I was working on a Teir 1 solution written and editable in t1. haven't updated the github in a while or the help files but I'm still working on it.
I'm not a gui programmer so i can't Vouge for its design in comparison to their Ui systems.
has stuff basic stuff ud expect. text boxes button, tooltips dividers, list, list with icon, icon only list, checkboxes, virtual cameras, scrollbars, drop down menus, windows, drag and drop, resizing moving, all gadgets support padding width color,bg image,bg color, border color, border images, text. Pretty easy to reskin a ui as well in 2-3 lines of code.[size=small]

Early development on it from year or 2 ago

Attachments

Login to view attachments
matty47
Years of Service
User Offline
Smerf's work looked really promising and there was certainly a lot of effort put into it. Unfortunately when I tried to run the example code included I got a lot of errors like these

I have not had the time to track these down yet. The original post for this GUI has been locked which is why I mention it here. Perhaps I did not do something correct?
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2023 17:53 Edited at: 6th Oct 2023 17:58
It is for tier 1 and I believe I Did not develop it with "EXPLICIT" if explicit is in the repo i would suggest disabling it and set error mode to 0. I will attempt to update the repo this weekend It needs some Much-desired documentation. The last repo was not optimized. The newer version has much better performance with bug fixes and additional commands

Here is the zipped project with all media and source files if you want to have a look https://forum.thegamecreators.com/outbound?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FSmerf-VitiumGames%2FAGK-GUI%2Farchive%2Frefs%2Fheads%2Fmain.zip
I tested it today and it does compile. Will work on getting an updated version out with the bug fixes and improvements.

matty47
Years of Service
User Offline
smerf, I downloaded the referenced file and tried again but found the same errors. These are the only errors that appear. The first error was in the Gadget_Scroll file near line 112 (line numbers maybe changed slightly as I was "mucking about" trying to fix errors). There is a line "Localpw = " which is just a typo so I deleted that line and changed one of the previous lines to "Local ret,pw as integer".
In Gadget_Build file about line 177, "Slideroffset" is used but it is not defined until about line 191. I copied the latter line to before line 177. (Again line numbers may be slightly off).
In the Drop_Menu file in function DrawToolbar, BackgroundSID is defined a few lines after (line 140) it is referenced in (lines 135,136). I tried just declaring Background SID and BacgroundIID as global at the top of the file but I don't know if this is a valid fix.
In the same file in function buildChildren, "length" is used but is not defined. Is it supposed to be defined as local at the beginning of the function? I tried that and the code compiled and ran although the gui did not "look" right. There was "garbage" in some of the graphics.
I hope that this may help?
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2023 22:48 Edited at: 8th Oct 2023 01:49
Here is the latest version of the Api. With my current project included you can use as a reference since i don't have a lot of documentation. This 100% does compile with AppGameKit classic and studio.
there are help files in media/api/help and the setup instructions on the original post should still be relevant https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/228853
I've also unlocked the other thread.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/attachment/89479

I cleaned it up ready for a fresh project moved some media files to the correct location and organized a bit.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/attachment/89482

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dooz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks folks, smerf in particular, for providing your stuff.
I had a look, there were a couple of lines that didn't compile, I fixed them. This is a very nice piece of work, but on my try, many of the control didn't work, or bailed with errors. I'll take a look from scratch with your starter project. Thanks again!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2023 21:39 Edited at: 9th Oct 2023 21:41
guys, smerf unlocked their gui thread so please continue related conversation there where it would be helpful for anyone using it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 06:07:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 06:07:08