Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Astrocuco - Red Planet Explorer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2023 23:07

[img]null[/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2023 23:29 Edited at: 30th Oct 2023 23:29
looking good, Yue_Rexie

i've moved this to Studio chat for now where the post doesn't yet meet the criteria for AppGameKit Showcase threads (and since you're still on post moderation, i couldn't PM this explanation).

still, please keep us posted on its progress; 3D work is always more than welcome.

thanks for sharing
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2023 00:14
Hello, thank you for the welcome.

The project is at an early stage of development, and at the moment I have managed to successfully implement a prototype of an existent character controller that walks, runs, jumps, crouches and walks crouched. There is also a prototype of an orbital camera that follows the character in third person and collides with the different elements of the scenery.

I will have videos about this soon.

Greetings.

Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2023 15:32

Game Title: "Astrocuco"

Description:
Hello, everyone! I'm an enthusiastic astronaut, and I'm excited to share the progress of our project, "Red Planet Explorers." In this game, you'll take on the role of a brave astronaut equipped with a space helmet and a backpack on your back, essential elements for surviving in the Martian atmosphere.

My Recent Progress:

We've managed to equip me with a space helmet and a backpack on my back, adding a touch of authenticity to my character and the gaming experience. Seeing how my spacesuit moves is incredibly thrilling.
However, we're facing significant technical challenges related to creating the Martian terrain. Realistically simulating the red planet has proven to be a hurdle, but our team is committed to solving these issues and creating a Martian world that feels genuine and immersive.
Upcoming Features:

Ragdoll Effect: I'm excited about the upcoming implementation of the Ragdoll effect in the game. This will add realism to interactions and falls, taking the experience to a whole new level.
Vehicle System: In the future, I'll be able to explore Mars on various space vehicles. This will not only make exploration more exciting but also broaden my horizons on the red planet.
Stay tuned for future updates on "Red Planet Explorers." Our team is working tirelessly to overcome technical challenges and bring the excitement of space exploration to your screen. Get ready for an epic adventure on Mars, despite the obstacles we encounter!
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2023 21:23

Today's entry has to do with the terrain on Mars. The result is nice, so at this point I have an obvious delay in the loading of the game, as it is creating a map a 4096 x 4049 terrain, then I think I will have to move to the design of a loading scene, I am also already thinking about a GUI, and finally we will leave the ragdoll element among other things, the goal at this point is to achieve the gameplay as soon as possible.

That's all, a picture speaks a thousand words.

Aidan
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Nov 2023 21:28 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2023 21:29
A very good app and can't wait to see progress. I assume you use rigid bodies for all your movements.

Well done sir and nice character developments.

I'm no good with blender in creating models

Good man

Ps. Think of your triangles / polygons
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2023 00:41 Edited at: 4th Nov 2023 00:45
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2023 06:16
That's really cool
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2023 04:10 Edited at: 5th Nov 2023 04:11
Progress Bar Loading.

Level.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2023 04:21
your mars is 10x better than my mars.

keep up the good work, Y_R
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2023 17:02

A loading bar in a video game, from a player's perspective, is a graphical representation that shows the progress of the game's loading before the player can start playing. This bar is used to inform the player that the game is in the process of loading and how much time it might take to complete that load. Here are some key implications of a loading bar:

Progress Indication: The loading bar provides the player with a visual indication of the loading progress. It can be a simple bar that gradually fills up or a filling indicator, allowing the player to estimate how much time is left before the game is ready.

Expectations of Wait Time: The presence of a loading bar helps manage the player's expectations regarding wait time. The player knows that the game is loading and can prepare to wait a bit before playing.

Visual Information: The loading bar can include visual elements, such as animations or game-related messages, which keep the player entertained during the loading process. This can include tips, hints, or story-related content.

Frustration Reduction: By showing a loading bar, the game prevents the player from feeling frustrated about not knowing if the game has frozen or is not working properly. The player understands that the game is functioning and is simply in the process of loading.

User Interface (UI): The loading bar is an important part of the user interface in many games and applications. It should be easy to understand and not hinder the user experience.

Creative Opportunities: Some developers use the loading bar as a creative opportunity. They can include unique visual elements, such as animations or interesting hints, that add value to the loading experience.

In summary, a loading bar is an essential component of most games as it enhances the player's experience by providing clear information and managing expectations regarding wait time. Additionally, it can be used creatively to keep the player engaged during the loading process.

Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2023 18:03

Aidan
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2023 18:08 Edited at: 5th Nov 2023 18:13
Good man,

Keep things coming, little things can make huge progress.

I love your little bits of programming

Thanks for sharing your progress

Edit. Is this an infinite non duplicate map or mars ?
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2023 21:18
Menu Dev.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2023 21:32 Edited at: 5th Nov 2023 21:33
hey, my favorite colors

meanwhile, i know you haven't been on the forums for long so you may not be aware of the PM system here (note the Notification bell in the top right of the screen which will direct you to my unread PM to you ).
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2023 10:25
Hi

it's great.

For what kind of plateform will be your game ? (android, PC (steam) .. ) ?

AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2023 18:31
Well, something to say, this is in a very raw phase to go thinking about what operating system will be distributed, but as things are going, it goes to Windows, and I do not rule out that on Android, however it should be noted that the terrain is very large, and surely its portability would involve lowering the quality of both the terrain and the shadows, but we will initially by Windows, and possibly if the circumstances are favorable. will be put on Steam, although amos first by Itch.io which is free.

About the progress I already have a prototype of initial menu, a 3D scene, with three buttons, if you click Exit you exit, if you click Start it goes to the loading scene, where I have a progress bar that generates the terrain of a 4096 x 4096 altruas map that I scale in the game to 16 x 16. While loading the map to memory and creating the terrain the progress bar stops, along with a spinning indicator, maybe it would be more fun to do it in C++ using threads, but that's not a big deal, a game isn't measured by that, but I love having a loading indicator.

Now, the last few hours has been a real headache trying to figure out how to pause the game, especially the character controller, and what was the solution, well destroy the character controller and create it again, and the result is what I expected. When I press escape the character stops its movement and remains static in its animation.

If anyone knows something more fun to do this without destroying the character controller, I would appreciate a guide on this.

Here is the game in Pause menu, the pending task is that the button is not labeled "Start" but "Continue".

Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2023 19:22 Edited at: 7th Nov 2023 01:28

Bad workers will always blame the tools, The good worker, has skills and improves every day.
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2023 23:05

Bad workers will always blame the tools, The good worker, has skills and improves every day.
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2023 23:33
We have a lot of work, Sound, Hud, vehicle, ragdoll, Menu, this is like a painting, a work of art, little by little it is taking shape

Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2023 15:12

Working on the character hud, I have set a flag for the developer mode, which means that it does not load the terrain, nor the loading scene, nor the initial menu. This saves me from having to load the terrain over and over again.

Initially this hud is hidden when the menu appears in the game, which happens with the escape key, if the menu is hidden the hud will be visible.

The three data that will be seen in the Hud are, a life bar, a stamina bar, and an oxygen bar.
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2023 16:33
Yue_Rexie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2023 16:48
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2023 20:25
Just found this.
Good work. I'm curious to see what else is coming

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 21:49:58