Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [SOLVED] Parallax and player synchronization

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2024 19:51 Edited at: 4th Jan 2024 19:56
Good time of the day! Tell me please. I'm making a side view game, a player on a bus. There is a Parallax Background() function that is responsible for parallax. How can I synchronize it with the movement of the bus? I tried to call the function when the player presses on the gas, but it looks terrible, because when the player releases the gas, and the bus is still going, and the background immediately stops. I want the background to smoothly gain momentum and stop smoothly, depending on the player's speed. I am attaching an archive with a level.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Azamaticon
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the archive with the level

Attachments

Login to view attachments
hendron
Years of Service
User Offline
you would need to multiply each background layer's scrolling speed by the player's current speed
Azamaticon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "you would need to multiply each background layer's scrolling speed by the player's current speed"

Please tell me how to find out the player's speed?
hendron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2024 20:10 Edited at: 5th Jan 2024 20:16
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Since it looks like you're using physics, you could probably use GetSpritePhysicsVelocityX(). Alternatively, you could get the player's speed by subtracting the player's x position at the last frame from the player's x position at the current frame, IE

Just note that the 2 methods will return different values, since GetSpritePhysicsVelocityX() returns units (pixels) per second and the alternative method would return units per frame.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 13:23:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 13:23:33