Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / amd vs intel encoding speed

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2024 03:11
Can't seem to get anyone to answer on discord and tomshardware's stupid captcha codes won't let me log in. So I'm asking here.

Using handbrake, I just tested the encoding speed between two systems; ryzen 5 5600 and an i7-7700k.
According to cpu benchmarks, the ryzen should be 20% faster than the intel. However, the encoding results beg to differ; greatly. Both systems have 32GB ram.
AMD: 1hr 10m 12s
Intel: 31m 19s

Same encoding settings for a 90min 480p movie using H.265 . Any ideas on why the intel performed more than twice as fast?

Now I don't know if handbrake is using the gpu to do the encoding or not, can't seem to find a straight answer on that either. But it could make sense since the amd system has an nvidia 1060 while my intel is using a 3060.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda
Pixel-Perfect Collision

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 08:36:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 08:36:15