Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Lost-Hero Retro RPG Game Released

Author
AGK Developer
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2024 11:44 Edited at: 31st Jan 2024 12:45
Hi Guys, finally finished my main game after 4 and a half years of work. Below are all the details, and it up on itch.io. Hope you like it, let me know what you think... It is done entirely in AGKStudio Tier 1. It is only for Windows. The game mauual is attached below.
This is my first published game, but not the first I have programmed (I currently have 5 more smaller AppGameKit games that I will be publishing soon hopefully)... Can anyone with experience help me on how to make the game known, as I don't know where to premote it to get buyers?

Find it here:- http://renrutgames.itch.io/lost-hero

Lost-Hero is an Indie 2D top-down, solo-player, fully mouse-driven medieval mystery RPG. It has an MMO-style persistent and immersive world map, from where you can discover and "zone" into various dungeons to do battle. You will need to do quests, fight many monsters, and collect items and equipment to help you level your character up high enough to work out the mystery of why you are here and how to get back home.

Synopsis - The basic premise is that you have been pulled from your normal everyday life, and somehow transported instantaneously, and against your will, to an unknown and possibly hostile land. At the start of the game, you find yourself alone on a dark woodland path leading to the South. It would seem your Quest is to find out why this has happened to you, and hopefully how to return safely home.

Mystery - The land you find yourself in is unlike anything you have seen before, and seems to be Medieval in its appearance. Along your Journey, you will need to learn and increase all your skills, even learning magic to help you survive in this ultimate challenge.

Game Features
• Medieval Mystery RPG
• 2D Top-Down View
• Fully Mouse Driven
• Real-Time Combat
• Solo Character
• Persistent Gaming World
• Giant World Map to Explore
• Zone into 14 Dungeons
• Magic Teleport Portals
• Magic Buff Orbs
• 101 Quests to Complete
• Quest Target Radar Arrows
• 100 Spells to Learn
• 100 Levels of Game Play
• 178 Monster Types
• Extensive Inventory System
• Weapons, Armour and Jewellery
• Most Items are Damageable
• Fabled and Magic Items
• NPC's, Vendors, Bank & Guard
• 1 Mysterious Cat
• 1 Big Secret to Uncover
• Day & Night Cycles
• Weather Types
• 3 Difficulties of Game Play
• Customizable Character Size
• Full PDF Game Manual
• In Game Encyclopedia
• Monster Factions
• 100+ Hours of Game Play

Instructions - To move your Character, right click the mouse button on the ground. Also, use the right mouse click to quick sell at Vendors. To control every other aspect of the game use the left mouse button! For full details on how to play the game, refer to the Lost-Hero game manual located in the games "Documents" folder.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2024 22:01 Edited at: 31st Jan 2024 22:04
congrats on completing this obvious labor of love, RenRutGames!

i'd seen the newest Made With AGK game on itch.io and wondered if it would surface elsewhere (while i had inquired on the discord server around the same time as your post, here)

Please accept this shiny new badge for publishing the game on itch.io:

if you are interested in another, feel free to add Lost-Hero to the AGK Showcase, as well.

btw, have a look at the edit i made to your first post re: how to embed the vimeo vid (or this post for more)

again, congrats on this massive success which i hope continues for you as there is more under the hood than i dare imagine!
RenRutGames
AGK Developer
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2024 12:21
Hi, Virtual Nomad. Thanks for the Badge. I have just added the game to the Showcase website, hopefully I did it right. Also thanks for the help with embedding video, I know how to do it properly now.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2024 15:05
178 monster types...holy moly.
Having read the features, this could be the most complex game made in AppGameKit I've heard of.
The mysterious cat sold me

Very well done.

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2024 01:44 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2024 01:47
and another:

and, making sure you saw the mention in the newsletter this month. hopefully lost hero receives the attention it deserves.

meanwhile, not sure if you're on the AGK Discord Server. if you make your way there, send me a DM (you're still on moderation here and can't receive PMs).
Drillfoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2024 02:31 Edited at: 27th Mar 2024 02:32
Wow, this is excellent! Must buy from me. Anything to support an AppGameKit developer in anyway. We are a small community and this release matters! Outstanding work. Just my style of game, I cannot wait to try it out.
On your release and promotional side of things. Are you looking into a Steam, Epic etc. release? I have a developer account and although Steam does take its share, the amount of users that will potentially see your game might outweigh the cut they take.
Again, thanks for sharing and congrats on the release. It isn't easy to stick with it sometimes.
// Comments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 20:54:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 20:54:36