Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Memory being eaten even with no code executing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2024 18:03
I read a thread about this from 6 years ago, but I never say a conclusion being drawn. The code used was the template that came with AGK.
This issue has not been happening until recently with code that has not changed in 8 years.
I set up my code in if/then statements and set all code blocks to "false", so my code is not executing. But the memory usage keeps going up, albeit slower without my code executing.
In the thread I read, the code being used is merely the template that comes with AGK.

Has there been a solution to this since 2018? (year of the thread I read)
Is it Windows 11 causing it?

mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2024 18:14
In addition, when I load an image or sound, etc. the memory usage increases, of course, but when I delete the image or sound, etc. the memory usage does not decrease.
I think it may be related.

NOTE: In the past, ever since I started using this AppGameKit, the memory usage always responded accordingly: load and memory usage goes up, delete and memory usage goes down. Not any more.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 11:10:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 11:10:32