Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Good old 3D World Studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2024 19:47
I still use 3D World Studio for a few simple items because it has CSG capability's . For some strange reason it stopped working on my Windows 10 laptop but on my old Win7 and my newer Win 11 it works as it should . I stalls when it gets to loading textures (in the Studio format) . It started after a good old MS update 5 6- weeks ago . I still have a copy of Cartography Shop that works on all my machines but it doesn't have all the features of 3DS .

I tried to reload it but the problem seems it's in the OS and not the program . It locks up my laptop ..

I use it in a map editor that I made for building mazes ..

I love Microsoft updates , not !
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2024 04:59
Try running in compatability mode. Right click the .exe -> Properties/compatability/Run this program in compatability mode/Win7
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2024 23:18
I ran the trouble shooter with all the different settings and it still gets stuck when loading pictures(in the World Studio format) . I ran the dump file thing in Task Manager and I can't open it to see what's up .
I think it's looking for another program/file(library) to link with ?
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2024 07:52 Edited at: 21st Jul 2024 07:53
some simple things id try. reinstall directx 10, view the windows update details and see it anything loos suspicious, rollback updates and if your insistent on security u can do a selective update install untill it breaks again and hopefully isolate it.
I still have c shop t.e.d plant life never bought 3dworld studio, but it looked cool.

Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2024 14:34
Not sure on what I'm going to do , yet ..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-14 23:18:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-14 23:18:15