Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Does anyone have expirience in Kernel programming? or knows where i can find more info.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2004 09:09
Guess what I’ve been working on over the months of my absents. That’s right I’m programming a kernel. I have enabled the A20 line disabling that AT excuse for a compatibility issue, and I have programmed the keyboard drivers. I’m basing my work on the Linux kernel, the ReactOS kernel(aimed at emulating NT4) and Wine…for those of you interested but lost that means I’m trying to create a free, open source windows…yet more stable mind you…now for those of you who have laughed because you think its impossible, well consider this: they can emulate drivers for windows on Linux, and ReactOS can run NT4 programs rather well, and I know my Windows…so if anyone would like to be a help and knows good kernel programming or OS development sites I would be much appreciative of your help. If anyone wants to know more about my OS project or kernel programming in general I would be happy to explain it.

And for those who doubted I knew what I was talking about look up the A20 line about enabling the memory over 1MB because of the XT architecture called memory wrap that has to be disabled before the memory access can go more than 16MB…now do I have to recite the protected mode switching or the loading of a kernel or boot loader under the first 1024 bytes? Yes people I have grown up…but I’m still fascinated with impossible odds…heh heh heh

We all have our obcessions.

Hail Linux...Um...and i'm making some sort of game thing...i think...and someting else...and that thing...Things and Stuff are the best parts of life.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2004 15:34
http://www.linuxhq.com/lkprogram.html
Eddie Gordo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2004 20:23
@Divided by Zero Im actually basing most of my kernel on ReactOS but the Micro-kernel is going to be origiononal...i cant program the Windows API...but i'm going to base parts of it on Linux as well

@Indi thanks, i'll have a look at that

Hail Linux...Um...and i'm making some sort of game thing...i think...and someting else...and that thing...Things and Stuff are the best parts of life.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:39:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:39:25