Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / cant believe im asking this....(HELP PLEASE!!!!!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2004 00:00
my five year old sister just took a trip to the library today (weee) and she got a new game for the computer (Barbie as REPUNZEL...YAY!!!) it all installed fine, but when i run it i get an error
Quote: "Macromedia Projector has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

first of all...i seriously think they are not sorry for the inconvenience.
2nd of all...my sister is ready to kill me because she wants to play her new game, and my older sister promissed that she could play her new game...but its not working...
so i need to know what the crap Macromedia Projector is, why i have it, why its not working, why i need it.

thanx much

mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2004 02:31
it's possible that a file the game uses has the same ending to a file macromedia projector has associated and the game may somehow be trying to open the file with macromedia projector instead of it's own viewer thing and macromedia doesn't really support the file

http://www.larinar.tk
AMD athlon thoroughbred 2200, 512Mb ram, 40Gb HD, ati saphire radeon 9600 atlantis w/128mb ddr ram, good creative-labs soundcard, cd-rw + dvd drives.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2004 04:28
try installing the "shockwave plugin" its the plugin similar to flash's swf reader but allows you to play the director executables.
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
i agree with indiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

(i key stuck)

There is a theory that if the meaning of the universe is ever found, it will be replaced by something even weirder. There is a theory that this has already happened.
[href]www.johnsgames.tk[/href]
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 07:17
you know what i realized after i posted this...that wasnt the only 'game' she got...she got a few others...so i shall uninstal Barbie, give her another game, take back barbie...she will never know she had it...im happy, she's happy, we're all happy!

heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Good ol' libraries.
The RIAA is already after them for sharing or "lending" music.
I'm surprised that the BSA gestapo hasn't paid them a visit yet over licensing issues.

Peace, the anti-Bush.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 09:59
heartbone, your site is like a trip through the 70s on a flying donkey named "Gopher"

I haven't felt that way since I microwaved a package of american cheese.

http://www.dbspot.com/ - free webhosting (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
Don't forget to listen to the unofficial DB streaming radio station: http://jimmykicks.ath.cx:8000

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 04:06:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 04:06:54