Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / ctrl-s driving me nuts!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've used that short-cut in just about every computer program: Wings, DB, Microsoft Word, and plenty more. Now, everytime I type something I end up pressing ctrl-s; even if it's merely a forum post, or whatever.
I fear that my fingers will start instinctively snapping two invisible keys that when I'm engaged in conversation, or working a pencil drawing.

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2004 02:45
I am confused. What does ctrl-s do?

DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
saves..

i know the feeling for the longest time after i switched from the DB1 internal editor to darkedit, i hit F3 to save everything.

how about F5-itis? where you hit F5 when you're done something?

athlon xp 2000+ | radeon 9500 pro 128mb | 512MB crucial DDR | winXP pro | DBP P5.1b | B3D 1.85 | VC++ 6
predicted DBP P6 release date: March 28, 2004
predicted patch DBP will actually be useful: P18
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2004 02:48

It's the 'save' hotkey...

EVERYONE should use keyboard hotkeys, they save *tons* of time. Copy, cut, paste, open, save, new, 'all', italic, underline, bold, undo, redo-- all from ctrl+key.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2004 03:03
Oh yea
How could I forget it, I use it every half a second when I work with Dreamweaver.

Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate it, sometimes all I'm doing is responding to an e-mail and every other word I'm doing it.

Is there an HA where I live (hotkey-pressers annonamous).

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
haha

Copy (ctrl+c) cut (ctrl+x) paste (ctrl+v) open (ctrl+o) save (ctrl+s) new (ctrl+n) 'all' (ctrl+a) italic (ctrl+i) underline (ctrl+u) bold (ctrl+b) undo (ctrl+z) redo (depends.. ctrl+shift+z, ctrl+y, ctrl+r, ctrl+alt+z are just a few)

athlon xp 2000+ | radeon 9500 pro 128mb | 512MB crucial DDR | winXP pro | DBP P5.1b | B3D 1.85 | VC++ 6
predicted DBP P6 release date: March 28, 2004
predicted patch DBP will actually be useful: P18
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2004 14:22
yeah whenever i use dbp i always press ctrl+s, alt+f+s - whenever i compile - and i don't even realise i do it anymore :-s I start doing it in other programs too lol

http://www.thegameszone.tk | robin@thegameszone.tk

- This sentence is not true -
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2004 14:44
Speaking of hotkeys and copying and stuff, has anyone else had problems copying text from certain forum posts? I've tried Control-C, Edit > Copy, Right Click > Copy, and every other type of copy in the world but sometimes bits of text just won't copy. It's only in some posts as well, most work, but certain ones don't.

I'll post a URL if I ever run into one that won't copy again.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:47:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:47:31