Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / done with Madden forever

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 03:50
This year is the final straw. I don't understand how these people at ea (madden football) can release such a garbage product. Now befor you go flaming I am talking about everything EXCEPT the game/gameplay itself. The UI is absolute trash and it has been for many years (I have had every version of it since 93) What crap, regarding the controller setup. Why even include a system to "custom configure" yor controller to how you like it if the damned p.o.s. can't even retain the settings from screen to screen, let alon when you start a new franchise/game. I have spent 2 hours f-ing with this and am ready to throw my pc and myself off the balcony!!! AAAAARG! I have been noticing/monitoring this type of crap with this game for the past bunch of years and finally stopped buying the damnded thing but I got 2004 for xmas so I was obliged to try it. HOCKEY on the other hand has been sweet as far as every aspect of it since 1993. Game play/UI/settings/save etc etc etc - these fools who make the football must think they are gods because they have a great "game" but if I, as a user, can't save/configure/reload my settings and such then the game is worth a sh*t - period!!! Sorry to rant but I am so fed up I feel like breaking something!! I uninstalled this POS for the second time in 2 days and am going to go on the market for another manf of NFL Football - unless someone has some definitive document somewhere on how to frigging configure/save/reload this pos. You cant even make changes to the gamepad settings from section to section (Passing to Rushing to Receiving etc), once you do, you go back and everything you did is all switched around! - ABSOLUTE CRAP. The makers of Madden Football need to take pads and paper over to the offices/labs of the makers of EA NHL series and LEARN HOW IT'S DONE CORRECTLY the FIRST TIME!!!!!!!

my apologies for ripping but DAMN - what a waste!!

-RUST-

VB.NET makes me all goose-pimply! http://www.mod2software.com
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 04:27
I don't understand why people waste their time with sports computer games anyways. The only real thrill of sports is playing it for real, or maybe watching your favorite team in an intense game. But a computer simulation?

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 04:32
well if you are a fan of the sport, and a fan of computer games, and very impressed by how realistic the games have become -you'd understand. I can go out an get a shotgun and run thru the nearest mall killing everything in sight but I won't/don't as it is just for fun on a pc - same with sports, I don't think anyone here wants to throw on the pads and go up against a 350lb defensive lineman from the nfl.

-RUST-

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 04:49
i think it was just a change in the formula so people didn't bitch that it was just a slight graphics improvement with the 2004 season.

that said i can't stand american football games... i'm not particularly a major fan of the real sport though.
but probably cause the sport confuses me a bit... prefer Ice Hockey and Football but probably more cause i love to actually play them.

though i'm not so hyped on wearing the protective gear in hockey, dunno seems to take some of the fun away from the sport to sit there and armour up as much as a tank lol

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine!
900mhz|256mb|FX5200Ti 52.16|Dx9|WXP-Pro
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 05:44
Quote: "american football games"

i like college FB i hate the NFL, they're just to cocky...stupid jocks

go BYU!

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 06:02
good. now that we all have gotten our 2 cents out about whatever, does anyone know how to configure the damn gamepad for NFL 2004, and/or does anyone have a suggestion for a title that is just as good gameplay/graphics -wise??

-RUST-

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 16:55
Never played any of these games but I'd just like to agree that it pisses me off too when the UI sucks. We do a HCI module on my degree and I've found to further I get into it, the more crap intefaces piss me off.

All I can suggest is you do what I do. Drift off into a day dream, and dream about the people who made your program (in my case, usually the MS boys behind XP), and hope you meet them drunk and lost in a dark ally one day. Then take your retribution the satisfying way. It's the only way to ensure they never make the same mistake again.

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 17:03
If you want to see a very poor interface, get Pro Evolution Soccer 3 - its a direct conversion from the PlayStation (and by direct, I mean that it even displays a PS pad when you redefine the games) - no real effort has been put into making it PC friendly or to acknowledge that different joypads exist. In addition, you can use the joypad in some menus, and others you cant (and why cant you use the mouse)?

Aside from that (and the radio-style commentary) its a good game.

The place for all great plug-ins

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 04:02:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 04:02:46