Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Stretching/scaling an object in 1 direction

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 00:18
Im not sure how to do this, if I use the scale object command it will scale an object in both the + and - directions, is there a way to just scale an object in the + direction for instance?? Or can that only be done with complex vertice commands?? Any help would be great
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 01:49
when you use the scale object command I think there are 3 numbers for the x y and z so if you wanted to scale an object in one direction you could leave 2 or those numbers blank like this

scale object objnum, 300,0,0

I think that works Hope I helped.

Alienware area 51/radeon 9800 pro 256mb/sound blaster audigy 2/5.1 surround sound speakers.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 15:32
When you scale an object, it stretches out from its origin. DB's primitives' origins are the center of the objects, so therefore they expand from the center in all directions. If you want to stretched a cube only out to the right, then you'll have to set the origin at the far left of the object. To do this, you'll have to make your model in a seperate 3D modeller package. 'Cause as far as I know, you can't change an object's origin from within DB, unless you got real fancy with memblocks and vertex manipulation.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 21:04
@Phaelax - You can move the origin of and DB primitive with OFFSET LIMB command using a limb number of 0. This then means you can scale in one direction only.

Boo!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:51:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:51:14