Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Should I get Lightwave?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im looking for some new modeling and animations program and i have heard good things about Lightwave. anyone know if that is a good investment?

If you expect a kick in the balls, but get a slap in the face, consider that to be a victory.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 21:22
It's a pretty high power tool with a hefty price tag. It is a good investment is you plan to be a 3D guy. If you want it just to make a few game models, it might be overkill.

What do you plan to do with it or what are your needs/desires?
--
TAZ
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 22:23
I hear good things about Lightwave, and it comes with a 1500 page manual, so you can learn the whole thing Its fine for low Poly models as well.

If you have the money, and time to learn it, go for it!

RPGamer

We need help! Email us! join@eternaldestinyonline.com
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 22:52
If I had the twice the cash I have now, I'd probebly go for Lightwave. If I had twice the cash as Lightwave, I'd go for 3DS Max.If I had twice the money for Max I'd buy Maya.

Lightwave is excellent software. It can do just about everything you need for games.(Movies,uvmapping,modeling,animation,probebly more I can't list.)

Quote: "LightWave 3D’s Modeler has long held the title as the world’s best polygonal modeler; game developers find this a major weapon in creating efficient, yet great-looking, models for fast, exciting game-play. Capabilities such as UV tools, bone systems with weight maps, integrated vertex map painting, motion and texture baking, and more, make game development much easier and faster."

Just a little section I quoted from the lightwave site.

http://www.newtek.com

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Penfold
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 23:34
yeah and your 2d too.

Ok so its not a mouse.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:54:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:54:30