Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Okay i give up. Some one just tell me

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 21:01
Ive been trying to figure out how to get tank tracks to work for the past week, some one help. Im using the model (and some code) from the tank example game so ican learn how to do it myself. See i want some tanks to bomb in my fighter game. Ive been using scroll limb texture command like in the example, but in my version the texture just smears across the model instead of rolling with it. PLEASE HELP IM DESPERATE
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 21:55
you probably have the texture scroll set too high or scrolling in the wrong direction.....tone down the speed a little

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2004 06:43
how 'bout post you code? then someone could really help you....

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 10:32
Firstly try a speed of x0.0,y0.01 - which should be a pretty decent speed, that's like 1 full scroll every 2 seconds. If you scroll by crazy amounts it can loose track and your object ends up being textured with vomit.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
DBasic Khan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 20:18
THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!! finnaly i can move on. u rmy hero

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:39:11