Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / exe description

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2004 01:49
how do you change your exe file description and such, i tried to edit the version information but that didnt seem to work. It's not a big deal but it is annoying, to me anyway.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2004 02:04 Edited at: 10th Jan 2004 02:05
I don't know if this works with DB's executable, but try with: http://www.heaventools.com
White Mink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2004 21:15
Thanks i appreciate the response, though i dont really want to pay for an external program, i was hoping the darkbasic itself would allow me to edit it, specially since it seems to have a description made by darkbasic already...

thanks again.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 20:10
I found out that you can edit the exe descriptions and such with darkbasic pro. Or atleast most of them. I tried to do it again today with the settings button, and this time it worked. It did seem to take a while for it to read the info or something like that... but in any case you can edit the exe file info using darkbasic pro.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 20:14
also just want to say ill probably be posting up the exe file to the website after i get permission from the writers game creators beginner's guide to darkbasic, to do so.

I used their basic chat program as a skeleton to work from. I added some functionality and made it so the text could scroll when it hit the bottom of the screen (think they tried to but it didnt work if it did).

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 20:16
sorry that was the game development series, not game creator.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 20:22
okay well i cant find a way to contact them so ill be posting it up anyway...

besides it was meant to help out the readers anyway, and i would have just ended up having to copy it step by step anyway if i didnt do it hole...

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 20:36
sorry for these multiple postings, i decided not to worry about posting up my code for Stealth Chat. its a chat program for use with tabletop rpgs. If anyone is interested post here and ill submit the code for it or get the exe to you.

i decided not to cuz i saw someone else with a chat program already uploaded so mine's not likely to be much more help as far as figuring out things.

If anyone wants the program itself though just post here and ill see if i can get it to you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:49:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:49:13