Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help And Ques. About Top Down Shooter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just got DB classic a few days ago and have gone through all the tuts in the manual and even though I don't know that much except for the basics I thought maybe I should begin an easy game to learn and experiment with DBC. I wanted to make a top down scrolling shooter such as "Ray Crisis and Ray Storm" for PS1. I wanted to know how I should go about this. Should I use 3d objects instead of sprites?
Should I or can I use a 3d matrix top down instead of a scrolling image? I am basicly asking for opinions and a little example coding to help me get going in the right direction. Is their a tutorial or example for top down shooters somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

"The Infamous J Nice"
FROGGIE!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2004 20:58
you should us 3d objects like plains because DBC in 2d is very slow. for scrolling you should use the scroll object texture commands. i think theres a tutorial in the manual for scrolling textures.

ive never done this sort of game so sorry i cant post code

():x:x::::::::::::

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:28:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:28:23