Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help me with my code!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2004 08:49
i have been developing a very small game for about 5 days and have basic movement and shooting for one player.....but there are some bugs(as usual)

i have the code here and would be very apreciative if you would look at it.....you will need a couple images for the floor and wall, but i have already detextured the tanks and their bullets....i have made a list of problems below....

blue problems:
1)i tried to make the blue tank not recoil, but it still does if it is close to a wall and/ or moving.
2)i tried to make it so that it would fire a bullet every second or something, but all my attempts failed
3)when too many keys are being pressed, the controls stop working for both tanks...any way around that?

red problems:
1)it won't fire!!....as far as i know i am using the same code for the blue firing, and just changed the variables about where to position the bullet and how too fire it....
2)the red tank cannot push the blue tank whereas the bluetank can push the red tank...

thanks to anybody who can help me, and they will appear in the credits of this game(as pathetic as it is)....

thanx again,
Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2004 09:25
hey, thanks for the input

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 02:57
anyone got any suggestions? please?

Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 03:55
well, i got the problems fixed (after a few DB manual burnings and severy bangs of the head on the keyboeard) but thanks for the help that you did or did not offer.....

projectguy
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,
i am embarking on a new game project for my final year project need to establish some one of same interest.leave me your contact details.we can help each other.my yahoo id is newguysgsg

see ya

yousuff

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:37:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:37:38