Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Again, space invaders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok Guys here is my attempt at space invaders, very basic...

The aliens go, from side to side, they do it right even if there is a slight problem of superimposing with the last alien, but I think I can work it out...

The real problem is with the sincronization of the movement. here is the problem. The aliens go...the spaceship move in a sluggish way, I think that's because the loop as it is constructed gets in the way of smooth movement. Moreover the missile, when I fire (after several pressures of the up key) freeze everything...that's because the missile loop is actually external and does block anything else that's happening.

Now...what I would like to have is just some tips to proceed on the way of creating a playable game

thanks...

Dav
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2004 20:58
don`t cls every loop, that defeats the point of using sprites

don`t move the bullet in a loop, set a flag (like bullet_running=1) and then every loop do

if bullet_running=1 then inc g

then check if the bullet is offscreen with

if g=240 then bullet_running=0:g=1:hide sprite 32

that will reset the bullet when it gets offscreen, the spaceship moveing n a sluggish way is just the speed you move it, increas the amount of pixels per loop and it will run faster, cheers.

Mentor.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800Pro 128mb.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2004 22:06
You need to think like this...

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:46:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:46:15