Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Editor Bug ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 13:19
Hi,
Can anyone help me ?

I have written a space invader type game & when I compile it & run it from withen the folder which contains all my .bmp files everything works ok.

But when I copy my .exe program out of the main folder & run it, I get my main screen come up & all the sounds work but no sprites appear on the screen ?

Whats going on ?

When I compile my program I have added all my files in the media section of the compiler, and on the Executable file settings I have ticked the EXE with attached media so this should work ?

I would be very gratful if anybody can help me ?
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 18:30
Try putting all media in a ZIP file then putting that in a folder and unzipping it. You should have a copy of all media used in the game in a new file.
That may work,
RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Luke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 22:23
put the dba. file in its own folder with all the media used in the game, then open the dba file in DB and press F7 -Build Final. I've never tried that, but that should be the way to include the media in the .exe.

www.CyberLuke.com
Darkmagic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 00:29
Thank you all for the help, but I still have the same problem. My .exe file works fine when it is in the folder with all the media but when I copy the .exe program out of the folder & run it I get all the sound & text of my game working but no sprites appear on the screen ?

Any more ideas ? anybody ?

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 08:32
... copy everything in the folder except your .dba .dbpro that stuff... and DO NOT COPY THE .BAK when opened in notepad you can see all the db code...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:42:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:42:07