Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / To Rich Davey - Apollo's page counter?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2004 15:14
I realise this is awfully pedantic and I apologise for that in advance. It has been bugging me for ages though and I've either got to say something about it now, or explode.

Its the line at the bottom of each page reading:

"There are X Threads in total - Page X of [X]" [go]

Please can I pedantically point out that surely the page number which should be user-altered is the first number and not the second? Isn't the second supposed to be the total number of pages altogether, i.e. a constant? As it stands you can have, say, 5 pages in total on a thread and yet have a statement reading "Page 1 of 3" when you are looking at page 3 of the thread. Surely it should read "Page 3 of 5"??

I entreat you to consider changing this, please please, otherwise everyone may find themselves covered with exploded bear (which is not very nice at all and contrary to popular belief does NOT taste of marzipan).

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P1.3ghz / 384 megs / GeForce MX 5200 128meg / WinXP home
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2004 15:15
Sorry but the same observation applies equally to pages within a thread where the sentence reads:

"There are X Messages in total - Page X of [X]" [go]

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P1.3ghz / 384 megs / GeForce MX 5200 128meg / WinXP home
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2004 15:32
yeah i posted this a few days ago - he's fixing it
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=23271&b=2

http://www.thegameszone.tk | robin@thegameszone.tk
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2004 15:35
Please read the Forum Updates sticky thread before posting stuff like this again (because you're about the 8th person to do so).

Cheers,

Rich

With our species on the edge of extermination,
with no prospect but a horrible death,
we actually played games.
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2004 19:31
That thread with 320 posts?

I cannot tell you how how sarcastic that makes me want to be, i'd better shut up as there is competition judging in progress...

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 04:05:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 04:05:07