Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Check out this laptop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 03:17
Right, after hearing Multivision went down the swanney, what about this laptop? (the 1705SMi)
https://www.acernotebooks.co.uk/acersite/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=117&cat

Make comments on what is wrong with it. Also any links to better laptops/ deals around. Must be able to ship to UK though if not in UK.

Am pretty sleep deprived, but seems pretty good deal.

Thanks for anyones help in advance considering I am typing with closed eyes here.... Zzzzzz...

Night....

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
G4ri
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 03:18
WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmwwwuuuaaaahahahhah
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 03:23
You wouldn't happen to be the son of SmartAss by any chance?

If so then fill in with lots of swearing.

Night Ginger.

Cheers

G4ri
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 03:42
Quote: "If so then fill in with lots of swearing."

OKay.....

@ss,@ss,@ss,@ss,@ss,@ss,$hit,$hit,$hit,$hit,$hit,$hit,@ss!! HAHAHA!

gingers my name......mmmmmmmuuuuaaahahahahaha
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 14:38
Looks good, specially as it has a 17" screen (that is MASSIVE for a laptop). Biggest problem is its weight. It's over 7kg!!!

Then again it is marketed as a desktop replacement rather than a laptop. So don't get any funny ideas like laying in bed and browsing net as your legs will probably go numb after few minutes!

I have a desktop replacement laptop that weighs 3.5kg and it can get uncomfortable. I have since removed the battery to reduce weight a bit.

Boo!
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2004 22:56
Yeah, my current laptop is about 3.5kg. Seems ok to have on lap in bed (on duvet, and on heat mat thingy).

The weight is the biggest problem I have with it. But I've never seen 120Gb in a laptop before. 80Gb seems to be the max for any 2.5" drive I've ever seen (bought a 60Gb last year).

I have a theory that it is more like a desktop. ie. 3.5" drive, actual graphics card for desktop (not laptop mini version) etc etc. If so then that would explain the drive. Also a much cheaper way of making a laptop really. Still, am aiming for a desktop replacement really, just annoying that would be a bit uncomfy on the lap. And I'm giving my current laptop to my parents, so I won't have two. Darn.

So no-one else has any other laptops to look at?

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:51:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:51:46