Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D Overhead Shooter Trouble

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok i'm using, DBC and I have all my .x models all ready. What I'm trying to do is position my object ( airship ) so that the camera is looking down on it from above. I'm making an overhead vertical scrolling shooter like a 2d arcade one but with 3d objects. I know how to control the object only in 3d space but I need it so that it scrolls up and down the screen and slides to the left and right and I can't get that to happen. I have tried it with a sprite and got it working but it's totally different with a 3d object.

"The Infamous J Nice"
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2004 04:12
First, to get the camera angle you want you need to disable autocam (you can find the exact syntax in the help files under camera3d), and then just play around with it until you find an angle that you like.
Moving in 3d is not to tough. Just imagine:X is left and right, Y is up and down, Z is forward and backward. If you just want the airship to move left and right then use only the X axis.
example:

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: KillZone(FPS)
Soon to come:An rts, and a snowball fight game
JNice013
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2004 04:49 Edited at: 17th Jan 2004 00:23
With the camera angle it just kept making the object dissapear So I just pitched and turned the object, could I zoom out upward from the pitch ? but Thanks Crazy DP you really helped me out. I was stuck on that for like 2 days now seriously. Now I coded it with thhe up and down keys but now lets say if I move down and then press left the object moves to the left side of the screen but does not stay in it's y position.
Also would scale object make thhe airship smaller ? I've been messin with it but don't know if thats the code I should be usin for it.

Here's the code

"The Infamous J Nice"
JNice013
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry double post

"The Infamous J Nice"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:51:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:51:27