Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Spin me round i can't see!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2004 18:58
Does Anyone have ANY clue how to make the camera change view when it collides with a wall, i can change it manually but i want it to change automatically, any ideas??

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2004 20:24
uh! wot?

maybe some description of what you are trying to do would be nice ?

all I can say is if you want to change the view when you hit the wall then just point the camera in a random direction, something like

if object collision(wall,me) then point camera rnd(object position x(me),rnd(object position y(me)),rnd(object position z(me))

or

if object collision(wall,me) then position camera rnd(500),rnd(500),rnd(500):point camera object position x(me),object position y(me),object position z(me)

or

if object collision (wall,me) then turn camera left 180

or

if object collision (wall,me) then make camera 2..............

or

if object collision (wall,me) then set camera fov (rnd(180))

or

you get the idea?, we need some idea of what you are trying to do before we can advise you, those snippets would all do what you said, but which is it you want?, or is one thats not listed?.

Mentor.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800Pro 128mb.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:28:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:28:33