Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2D Machine Gun?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2004 16:30 Edited at: 17th Jan 2004 16:32
Hi,
I'm trying to make a 2D scrolling space shooter or something like that, but I don't arrive in making the machine gun!!
Can anyone help me?
It should be a little unrealistic machine gun that fires extremly slowly like all the old 2d scroller!
Here's an image of the game, maybe it'll help you...
[img]http://www.posergallery.com/wip/20040117-AirFighter93157.jpg
[/img]
Thanks
comando 300
Years of Service
User Offline
Drew all that?
The jet is cool.

Is just of those days when you don't wanna wake up everything is *****, everybody sucks you really don't know why, but you wanna justify rippin' someone head off!
Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
No, it's a rendered 3d model...
The HUD is created in Paint Shop Pro 8, but actually I filtered it out of other images and added it together...
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2004 04:55
Nice editing, Tomy!

First load your bullet image using LOAD IMAGE, then as the user presses the fire button draw sprites from the bullet's image and just keep track of their Xs and Ys, how many there are, and move them up one pixel per howevermany milliseconds.

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: KillZone(FPS)
Soon to come:An rts, and a snowball fight game
Tomy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Crazy Donut Productions, but however I think I won't finish it, cuz of my new project: The Racing Game (Look in Team Requests)!
and I was pretty busy last weekend (I've made a new 20-liner...)
So if anyone wants to, he can finish this game (some credits would be nice), just show me something you've done so far, enter your e-mail address and I'll send you the sourcecode and all the media!

BTW could someone host my 20-Liner for me? It has external media and I don't know where to upload, so I'd be really pleased if someone could host it for me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:34:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:34:05