Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Q: More about AI!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 23:59
Hi! My question:
- I have this matrix, walls and objects!
I want the cube to go near the sphere, but without going trough the walls!

How can I do it?
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 00:18
pretty simple try looking into array collision thats simple

l8er

----- dark coder -----
jotomicron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 11:55
Oh. I forgot to tell:

I really want that the cube walk the smallest way to the sphere!
Thanx, thought!
Luke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 02:40
You'll need to probably use some sort of A* pathfinding for that. I'm also going to try to make a pathfinding program for my AI/comp. tanks/players in a game I'm making, BattleTanks 2. (allready made BT1, it's on my site.) I haven't started the AI part yet, but I think the first thing might be to see if the AI can go straight toward the goal, or not. That is easily done if the walls are small blocks, the size of the tanks, just compare the angles and stff or what ever. Well, serch the web for pathfinding, and maybe a specific type called A* pathfinding. I have yet to find a DB example of A*.

www.CyberLuke.com
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 05:02
the only way i can come up with for doing this is checkpoints, dunno why everyone says it's so hard to do, it's not really, it's straight forward!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:32:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:32:22