Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / opinions on the contest?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 08:06
what do you guys say about the top ten? try not to diss on anyone...say what you liked and what you thought shouldve gotten first...nothing negative

i liked cow abductor, it was funny, easy to learn, great grfx

AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 08:28
I was very pleased with the results. I think roomwars deserved to win

[P4 2.8C @ 3.03 with an 866mhz FSB:: MSI Neo-2LS running PAT:: 1gb Mushkin PC-3500 DDR High Perf level 2@ 2,2,2 :: ATI Radeon9800ProAIW :: 120Gb SeagateBarracuda 7,200RPM SATA HD :: Antec Plus1080AMG]
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 08:31
I think roomwars looked graphically very good but it wasnt a good game, although that is due in part to how slowly it ran on my machine it was something of a bore waiting for the screen to refresh. I'm sure it ran fine on the test machine as the quoted spec was quite high.

I had the same problem with Operation Invasion Evasion in that the gameplay was very slow for me which spoilt the fun.

I haven't played any others yet, but I have read the review for my own game (Extranjero) and felt that it was a fair review.

2Ghz, 512mb, GeForce 2 MX.

timer() rules.

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 08:34
get a njwe graphincs card mate. itdsll sorty uour problems. theyrre onmy £$180.that is to errmmmmmm andy! roomwar ran great on m,ine and itas a cool gam,e onl;y the gameplauy was ma boit slow.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 08:37
wow ryan, nice typin

Yeah, roomwar deserved to be there, I think it all turned out great.. except for one..

like mine, numner 2 for sure

http://www.dbspot.com/ - free webhosting (WORKS NOW)
Don't forget to listen to the unofficial DB streaming radio station: http://jimmykicks.ath.cx:8000
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 08:47 Edited at: 20th Jan 2004 08:47
Quote: ". theyrre onmy £$180"

Approximately several thousand pounds and an MOT more than I have

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
BarZoule
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm satisfied with the results, even if I'm kinda sad that I haven't won the computer. But I think that RoomWar was graphically stunning, there was lots of polish on that game. The sound was good to.

Sadly enough my computer isn't fast enough to run neither Roomwar or AlienRacer adequately. The first is boringly/painfully slow and the second is full of bugs

Anyway, congrats to everyone! The important thing is not the rank of your game, but the fact that you've completed a whole game in 4 months, with no budget.

-BarZoule

'Klaatu barada nikto'
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 09:56
I didn't enter so I consider my opinion to not be bias at all, but there were quite a few I didn't agree with. For the most part, the games were very repetitive with not much variety as you got into it. Having said that, congratulations to those that placed anyway.

P.S. Did anyone else notice Lee's comments for #1 and #8?

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Tasik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 10:04
Yeah there the same
its weird

If your lost then you should think about becoming unlost =)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:46:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:46:44