Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Changing icons

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 15:59
I've asked about this a few times before, but I have not recieved any answers that are direct and straight to the point yet.

The current icon for DB is a 16 color 32X32 icon. How do I change it for a 16.8 mil colors icon? IcoChanger wont allow me to make such changes. When I changed it using Reshack, I get an "Illegal Operation" error everytime, saying that my exe had caused an invalid page fault in Module Kernel32.dll....

T3DGM was created in DB, and it is using such beautiful icon(16.8mil colors). I was wondering, how do I do the same for my compiled exe. I even trying using the icon from T3DGM, but I still get the same error.

Please help. Thanks.
Game resurrected Imagination and Creativity.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 16:19
Did you try it in 256 colors?...you wouldn't lose much detail at this size.

joshualimm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 16:33
Any icon that I use (besides 16 COLOR) gives me an error when using Reshack, and IcoChanger wont allow me to change at all unless I use an icon that has the same depth.

What I want to know is, HOW DID DBS DO THAT with t3dgm??

Oh, I did realized something while changing the icons through Reshack:

Before Changing:
Under the Icon tree, the folder's number is 1, and the icon's id is 1033.

Under the Icon Group tree, the folder's number is 144, and the icon's id : 1033.

After I changed the icons, the folder's name under Icon was changed to 50 instead of 1. I guess this might be the problem. But how do I rename it? The Replace Icon feature wont work, nor the Add new resource feature.

Help pls...

Games resurrected Imagination and Creativity.
joshualimm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 17:21
So, are there any other icon changing progs besides ResHack, IcoChanger? (dont count on Microangelo, I hate it)

Thanks

Games resurrected Imagination and Creativity.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:11:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:11:25