Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D code help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm actualy just working onpsued code at the time but I need to figure out a way to move objects around a sphere.

1 Supose I have a sphere, I know how to create, position ect. the sphere. Here's where it gets tricky though, supose the sphere is earth, and I want to place a secound object on the surface of the sphere. I ca easily specify in my program where a city or whatever is in longitude and lattitude, but how do find the 3d coordinates (X,Y,Z) so I can place it in the 3d world.

2 Supose I hace an aircraft taking off from a certian point (specified in longitude and Lattitude) and going to another point, supose it has travled X distance toward the destination, How do I fnd it's current location(long. Latt.)

I'm not sure if the answers to these questions can be found within DBPro code or just in math. Either way my head hurts, but I gotta find it.

Thanks for any help
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2004 22:48
This is a code example I wrote up for a tiny worlds demo. Perhaps it will help. It uses relative positioning commands and very little 3D math.
--
TAZ

http://www.geocities.com/tzircher/tiny_world.htm

Lord Helmet
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the code zircher, although it hadnothing to do with what I'm currently doing it is a well written litle freeflight control system. I liked it.

It didn't help me any but thanks anyway

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:34:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:34:58