Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Kind of Models people Lack the most?...here.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 18:32
Hi,I asked myself and the RGT community lately what kind of models people lack the most and got two(2) different types so far,no girls

-Millitary Infantry(available in ALL camouflage possible/asked+weapon)

-Futuristic Marine+weapon

Is that everything that people need?!? ...Anyone?
Manic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 18:43
can you do some naked ladies or shall I?

I don't have a sig, live with it.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 19:25
Really? That was entresting... I thought it was RPG's models... well, I kinda needed them a lot months ago and, the lack of it stopped a cool game I was making

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 19:50
An expanmsion on the DarkMATER chars - wizards, elves, etc.

Just a free, .x comprehensive range of chars would do this community good!

I love Star Trek.
Especially the Episodes with Starships in.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 20:52
Can you believe when I wrote the New topic,I reformulated three times because I wanted people to slack on RPG fantasy type models,should have kept the first one lol I see it's a generic choice then...perhaps can I do something.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 06:59
hrmmm naked ladies... =P,,,,, gimme... gimme... O_O or should i make one myself... BUMP MAPPING OH YES... mipmap for nice soft skin..... ahhhhh

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 14:08
hmmm...Seems like people rather find it more interesting to talk about naked girls than getting my models...

It is true though that I didn't show my work yet but still,when the candyman passes,don't miss the boat like you guys are doing right now or should I quote David Banner:'Don't make me angry,you wouldn't like me when I'm angry'

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 14:33
Well from the few model renders you've posted, it's safe to say that the marine will be quality - I hope your putting in those excellent hands too .

People who are making RPG's, really need a good modeller working on it all the time, there's so much modelling needed, and it's not a good idea to have a mix of modelling/texturing styles because they won't match.

Van-B
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 14:56
Completely agreed....

Which now forces me to say a bit more about what I'm on about.

I'll be making generic models for DB users

When I say model'S',I'm talking about a library of humanoid characters completely designed to suit EVERYONE's needs including:

-Fully animated with idle,walk,run,attack(fully adaptable to hand-weapons and projectile ones),death plus more...

-Customizable skins UVMapped for any paint skill level to allow user to give the wanted looks to the mesh,

-DBV1 and DBPro versions and FULLY tested in both tools(meaning the formats are .3ds and .X)

-4 levels of detail for EACH model

-100% ownership of the models which means you can alter them in any forms to suit your needs

--------------------------------------------------------

For those who know me already,you can rest assured I'm pushing my skills to get you guys top-notch work.

I've been attending classic painting courses* so expect awesome texturing on those.

*My teacher's just the best paint artist I've ever seen(no kidding),he once was an influent New-york artist,you should see his Spiderman and Knights...Awesome work,it's true that when your house is full of medieval armors and swords like his,it's not too hard to get a good reference material.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 14:57
oh,and there's a bonus...héhé no it's not pudding.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 15:18
You mean he's better than Bob Ross, I can't believe that!.

Van-B
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:37
I think things like zombies, skinless dogs, velociraptors and geiger `inspired` aliens would be handy.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:41
=D damn... hehe we dont need modellers anymore... got a few from polycount that are helpin us... =\

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 18:01
U could maybe make a model creator Like choose among diferent arms, legs and all shapes to make a caracter, and indeed, very editable.... I think peoples should love u if u could do that ... Or u could just make the shapes and someone make the program...

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 21:07
or you could make me a darthvader mask with the bottom part of a puff ball sticken out of the bottom with a red lightsaber gloves and a cape... but thats just my dream =D

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 17:45
-U could maybe make a model creator Like choose among diferent arms, legs and all shapes to make a caracter, and indeed, very editable.... I think peoples should love u if u could do that ... Or u could just make the shapes and someone make the program...

Actually,my brother is doing this exact thing for our game...maybe'll release it,he's an old timer like some of you guys and he's been using Db or a week and has got a few apps going on already.

His name is Guy lol

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 18:06
So that's where Guy is?, I've been worried sick and you've had him tied to a desk in your basement for a whole week!. Next time ask if you want to kidnap him, ok?

Van-B
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 22:02
lol yep Guy is programming for me muhhahahah...erm it's true.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 22:57
-got a few from polycount that are helpin us...

lol

Actually,I think it's the amateur modelers that go to polycount.com site to show their models...I don't say there's none but it's a big community.

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 23:03
Does anyone know a converter for .MD2/3/L to .X? Does it exists? I need it cause I wanna edit some models from the net, creating anim. and so on...

-- Rogue
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 00:05
There's Milkshape that opens all these formats.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 00:35
yeh but for some reason people dont like to pay for milkshape... i didnt... i just somehow got it O_O... i didnt know you were guys brother...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 06:15
I'm not.

My brother's name is Guy also that's why.

So where're the screenshots in this forum is it3dimensional chat yes?

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 06:19
the DarkCHAT im making... yes it has some 3d qualities to it =D... i like it... but its got some major bugs that need to be sorted out before i release it... and let all the db community love it...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:31:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:31:05