Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / darn computer, i want info!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 07:21
I updated windows at the update site. After restarting my computer a few days later, my comp just wont boot up. So my conclusion was to format my 120gb HD and lose all 80gb of files that i dont want to lose.

I had to reinstall windows on top of the old one, then using partition magic create a partition out of the free space, going into the newly installed win xp, moving files from c: to ethe new partition, d: is another HD that is full), then the freed up space on c: had to be added to e:, then more file moving, and once all my files were safe i had a 10 gb c: and a 110gb e:

I formated c: and installed a nice clean copy of xp because going over xp with xp isnt good at all. The whole process took about 8 hours.

After talking to a few of my friends they told me it was ths .net framework and there is no fix for it.

Why the hell did microsoft make an update that breaks your computer. Does anybody know why? and why has th update not been updated? And does anyone have any other infomation about this?

Thanx

Rye
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
next time don't update your .net framework ware whatever it is...i see no reason to update mine so i just leave it as is and only update drives and stuff i'll actually need no reason for that moviemaker 9 thingy or whatever NO! heh
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 08:03
the framework is needed for certain programs to run, eg. genetica seamless texture maker, there are and will be loads more.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 18:02
Somehow I doubt the .net framework had anything to do with your computer not booting... did you try a boot disk? An XP safe mode boot disk would probaly have solved all your problems...

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
Rye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 18:50
the computer did boot, kind of anyway, the win xp screen came up with the blue moving bar, it did the useual number of loops then the screen went black. the hard drive did the useual churning then there was a resolution change (known by monitor clicking) then extreme churning and a hard reset. Other people have said its because the .net thing does something to the logon screen. I dont have the logon screen so maybe thats it. But im pretty sure its the .net framework.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:37:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:37:07