Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / spyware

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Need some spyware stuff anyone know where i can get a good program for free and a link please?????? pretty pretty please? thanks =)
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 08:10
Ad-Aware is free for personal use. Linky link: http://www.lavasoftusa.com

l8ter

Rpg Cyco

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 16:49
Remind me to never download any of your games.
--
TAZ

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
What????

newbi 2 basic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 17:18
WHY WHY WHY! Do you want Spyware?????
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 17:24
And why would you be silly enough to post a request rather than search for it online?

Talk about a blow to credibility and trust...
--
TAZ

newbi 2 basic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 17:32
Well i aint getting any games of him.....
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
lol i need to see if i have any spyware on my system tryin to figgure out why my internet keeps laggin while playin CS im not sayin i have spyware on my system but if i do then it's a goner =)
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 18:53
If you're looking to detect and remove spyware then definitely get Adaware 6.0 and SpyBot Search & Destroy, both are free.

-RUST-
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 18:54
Ah, you want spyware DETECTION. That's tons of different from wanting spyware. Go to http://www.pestpatrol.com and try their free scanner. If your machine is anything like my kids machine was, you'll probably get several hundred hits.
--
TAZ

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yeah i thought the first post was self explanitory now i know why people started saying "never gonna download anything of his" hehe sorrie for the mix up =)

I hate spyware for one reason and one reason only...slow down of internet plus isnt it illegal dosnt that spyware stuff fall under personal privacy? i wanna sue someone! =)

BUT I NEED SPYWARE DETECTION! probably should have said that in the first post. Don't start flaming and saying "HE'S LIEING TO YOU!" because im not...or...am...i? duuuunnn duuuunnnn ddddddddduuuuuuuunnnnnnn
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 20:36
Stopping spyware and other pests is more important than mere bandwidth and privacy. Key loggers can steal your credit card numbers and passwords. Some spyware takes over your search engine and redirects your search requests to the sites they want to send you too. Some programs deploy additional software on your machine and can mess things up, etc. Of course, if your machine is sending out thousands of peices of e-mail for some spam bastard, you're going to take a CPU speed hit as well as possibly getting your ISP to close your account.

As a 'typical' American I think the perpetrators of these schemes should be hunted down world wide and executed... erm... brought to justice.
--
TAZ

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 21:58
Spyware: Infect and Destroy

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 22:28
You're probably just leaving your fileshares on...#1 n00b mistake of lag

Get spybot: search and destroy from download.com, it's much better than adaware and it'll fix all of your needs.

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
i don't share files...
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2004 05:44
That you know of...

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
no no i do not share files no way no how...pal none of that "that you know of..." crap i do know i don't share files if i did sharefiles then i'd know about it...after all to share a file the other computer does have to have a connection to my computer.
Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 01:49
\\computername\c$

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
huh?
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 01:59
The "That you know of..." means that until you have virus scanners and spyware detection software up and running, you have no idea what crap might be on your machine and what data it is sharing with the black hats.

Most computers with cable modems or DSL have an always on connection. If you don't pull the plug or have a secure machine, you at the mercy of strangers that don't give a rat's ass about you.

I'm not saying that you're guilty of anything as much as you are a potential victim.

Is that clearer?
--
TAZ

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Most computers with cable modems or DSL have an always on connection. If you don't pull the plug or have a secure machine, you at the mercy of strangers that don't give a rat's ass about you.
"

no way...you...dont...say...but you see...i never said i have a virus now did i mister know it all?! huh?! well?! heh...well anyhow sending data and sharing files is two totally diffrent things btw.
lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 02:58
tut tut tut

everyone should know about spyware by now

lagmasteruk - http://www.lagmaster.net is alive! http://www.dbforums.co.uk/ - another db forum!

Dark Snippet Pro V9.2 is out!!
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
eh i know about spyware...i just don't know what spyware detectors are good....god you guys...
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
sure it does....sure....lol

Soon to have a Asus motherboard with 64 bit CPU and the works weeeee!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 17:28
Without a firewall you are vulnerable, but not very. My host machine went without a firewall for over a year and wasn't attacked once. It's better protected now, but I think that was a good example that rumors of hordes of hackers attacking all open machines are trash.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 17:57
My machine gets pinged by several sync attacks a month, the black hats are out there. Some folks are lucky, I'd rather be confidently secure than just lucky.

Quote: "i never said i have a virus now did i mister know it all?! huh?! well?! heh...well anyhow sending data and sharing files is two totally diffrent things btw."

Your earlier post said you where experiencing a loss of bandwidth. It doesn't matter if you're sending data, sharing files, or if your machine is being used a file archive for a warez site. I was exploring possibilities and trying to generate a healthly paranoia.

If you don't have a virus scanner, spybot/pest patrol, and a firewall constantly running, you do not know or control what your machine could be doing.
--
TAZ

UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah except i have 3 firewalls one on the host machine (my dads comp) one on my WiFi (built in) and one on my computer and now i have a spyware distroyer and always had virus scan im not the complete moron you make me out to be.

Soon to have a Asus motherboard with 64 bit CPU and the works weeeee!
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 21:52
Never said you were a moron. Sorry, if you feel that I was implying such.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:43:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:43:01