Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / ALIENWARE COMP WINNER

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2004 00:46
ok i only just got back and saw the results. WHY DIDN'T VAN-B WIN!!! ARRRG! HIS GAME KICKED MORE STUFF THAN THAT ROSWELL RACER! MORE RANTING!

but seriously it got what 5th place? what a load of crap! suer it had a few bugs (which he patched in teh later version) but it was the only game i played that was fully finished (in a rushed release way, like most popular games *cough*unreal2*cough*). I had a look at some of the other entries, like room wars, sure it looked pretty, but it wasnt a very good game, novelty wears off after a while. But seriously operation alien invasion was just as good if not better than cannon fodder.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2004 01:27 Edited at: 24th Jan 2004 01:28
Van-B's game was really good, but Room War was like an advert for the Alienware merchandise. It had the machine, and the alien, and a whole game based around them. It was very clever to use the alienware like that I think. Based in a bedroom where the machine would actually sit, and will soon be sitting! Very surreal that the game came true in a way.

Pincho.

qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2004 22:12
i think the judges are into racing games

Dell Dimension 4550, Windows XP Home
2.52 ghz, 256 Mb RAM, Radeon 9500 Pro / 9700
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 01:39
yeah, but i still think the game wasnt overall a great game.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 01:59
I think if ETV racer had better car physics, it might've beaten Rosewall Racer.

Personally, I also liked VanB's game the best.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 02:12
i think most of us thinks VanB's game was best.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2004 14:00
which brings me to my next question, wher eis van b? i havent spoken to him since competition was still going :S

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 11:09
THANKS!

Glad to see that some people enjoyed my game, which is really more important than winning, yet not as useful as a new PC .

I haven't been able to get online because I had to reformat my PC on Friday, and haven't been able to find my modem drivers or my connection settings, hopefully I'll be back on track soon. Still working on OIE and will probably add some more levels before releasing the new version.

Although I don't spend a lot of time on the forums these days, I'm doing more coding than ever, and am concentrating on getting the little bits done that I've promised folk. Then it's onto some Syndicate Wars style MMORPG madness with the forums resident pirate .

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
las6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 11:34
yeh, well I haven't been able to play OIE but it wasn't any surprise that it didn't win the compo. The main point of the compo's has and still seems to be Graphics.

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue.
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 11:35
OIE had amazing graphics! It lost because its gameplay wasn't straight in-ya-face. It was a bit slower, more tactical.

las6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 11:38
well, not amazing enough when compared to the other games.

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Graphics has to count as part of the game experience. Games are nearly always played visually on computers. So graphics score highly, because a game is mainly a bunch of graphics. Like a disney film. That's not all a game is though, but you can't ignore that fact. I still think that Room War used the Alienware best, and that was the point of the comp.

Pincho.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 13:42
Quote: "Then it's onto some Syndicate Wars style MMORPG madness with the forums resident pirate "

HELLS yeah! we gonna break this thing down in just a few seconds, now don't have me break this thing down for nothing, i wanna see ya'll on your baddest behaviour, lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor!

anyway hope u didnt lose too much stuff in the format, i hate when stuff like that happens. but take your time with helpin others cause i still gotta wait till march before i can get my own net connection back. anyways i still think your game was best, rock on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:46:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:46:04