Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how do i create waypoints in DBC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can anyone help me out in creating waypoints for a racing game using DBC? plzz

phukol
bibz1st
Years of Service
User Offline
try this as an example
rob
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2004 22:10
MAKE OBJECT CUBE
HIDE OBJECT

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
Major Payn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2004 04:04
An easy cheap way to do It might be to just use the move object commands. like you could have the object turn a little then move in that direction. You could also make it move in a different direction using an "if, then" code...
by saying something like if the object position equalls (a certain point that you decide) then turn obj, objnum, move object objnum.
As I said that would be how I would do it but I have never tried that so I dont know if it would work lol .

Oh yeah I dont know how but you would need to set the object speed. That way you can tell it to move like say 100 units and if the obj speed is set to a slower level it would move to the 100'th without going to fast.

Alienware area 51/radeon 9800 pro 256mb/sound blaster audigy 2/5.1 surround sound speakers.
phukol
Years of Service
User Offline
thnk you guys!

phukol
phukol
Years of Service
User Offline
i've tried to make use of data statements in my code. It's actually the code for Limit Rush, i'm using the code to see how it will do in actual racing game. But the problem is i dont know WHERE TO PLACE the restore and read command so that the waypoints may be read. here's the code
that's 4 d main loop and the AI is

i placed the data statements below the program (just like Ben did in Limit Rush) like this
can you guys help me out as to where i could place the data for the waypoints? is it in the main loop, in the ai itself, or where?
thx you alots

phukol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 19:06:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 19:06:59