Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Geforce 4 MX question...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 04:28
Hi!!!

I have the crap Geforce 4 MX 440 / 64 megas and I'm having a big problem to use it's TV-Out thing. I just cannot connect any TV/Video to it. I've already returned the card to where I've bought it and got a new one... Same problem. On the Nvidia support and faq, they explane a bad procedure to get the card to work. When I've followed the procedure, the card got crazy and the desktop went mad. I took a long time to fix all the problems it caused me. A friend of mine has just bought the very same graphic card and she is using a totally diferent confi then mine ( another kind of TV/Video/ contry code and etc ).
My last try was to use a program called TV Tool for Nvidia basead cards, and it still does not work. Actually, I get an error:

"TV Tool was unable to detect a TV chip on ur card."
It actually detects the video card model, the sound card and everything else, but not this "TV chip". On the Faq of TV Tool it's said it does not support GF4 MX family cards...

My question is: Anyone here with this card who actually could make the TV-Out works? If so... how u did it please? Any external programs, external hardware or some config settings that I'm missing?

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S: the support of Nvidia is as bad as MS...
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 04:49
Oh yeah, WinXP pro here

-- Rogue
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 04:52
wow, I would have expected a lot more from NVidia...
Anyway, I can't help you but: I once had a tv out card... it was a piece of crap that only worked for a couple days, and corrupted a half a dozen other devices when installed. It sucked... of course my first clue shoulda been that it was from zoltrix... lol.
sorry for wasting your time

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 04:58
No no, I love to hear everything about everything It's the best way to learn rapscaLLion Thanks anyway.

Well, it seems it's not just me and my friend who has problems... The internet is full of complains about MX cards:

http://www.digit-life.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000112.html

I never thought such a company as Nvidia could such that much. I bet this TV-Out in MX 440 does not work to anyone... they are cheating with those shit detonators of them... Now they released a new card, Geforce FX and wont give a damn dime of attention for the other cards... they dont answer me, suckers ( sorry, I really am havin' a bad time with this cheap shit card of them ).

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 05:04
i have a ti4200 ... my tvout works great... i think ill get a new card soon... and mb with 2 processors and new ram...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 13:20
Yeah...seems like it's only me who actually bought that thing

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 13:46
honest mistake i say...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 18:22
While we're at it, does this card support vertex shading?

Who wants cake? I've got a little slice of hell for everyone.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 23:38
you need the nVeiw update and the nVidia's Movie Veiwer update (can't remember its name grab the link from home)
Otherwise the TV features can't be detected.

It's a HUGE disappointment that the GeForce4 Mx series were shipped with so many bugs, but they wanted the budget range market.
You get 72% of the power of the equivilant Ti versions, and yes they have shader support ... however the acceleration is limited only to standard shaders within DirectX 8.1 and OpenGL 1.4.x - custom shaders may cause the card to become unstable and not render properly or render at a reduced speed.

I'm still debating about giving my GeForce2Mx to my brother and getting a GeForce4Mx - because at the end of the day if i really want TV stuff I just plugin my nVidia TV Sisterboard which fits onto any GeForce
only cost me £20 when i was still in the uk so was worth it.

Can't say i've ever liked On-Board TV stuff ... anyone remember the Matrox Millennium Rainbow? god that was more of an art to get a stable system!

I'd suggest you run the latest drivers too - however is anyone else having problems with QnVTwk.dll? for some reason it doesn't want to load on XP Corp SP2, for any of my cards its weird
the beta one did - but this WHQL one doesn't.
Had the same problem with nView a few months ago, hopefully 2.0 will solve all of these problems. But i'm not gonna hold my breath lol
Ack its annoying the recent problems they've had due to rush jobs, still the best IMHO but still so many bad things

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 00:56
mines built in... it works like a dream =D... hehe

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 03:43
you don't have MX

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 05:07
O_O .... good point... i think the extra bux to get a ti is work it... =P or an FX

Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.motherboards.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=14863&

or take it back and try getting one of these instead..

1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 06:24
=D its half as powerful as my video card... but basically the same thing.... i like it... its a nice card... =D hehe

The Madrix
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an AOPEN geforce 4 mx 440 with TV exit too, and this is my experience:
When I connected it to the tv using the ntsc cable, it worked well, I could clone the image and have the out by both the monitor and the TV. This was in August. I put the PC in my room so I couldn't connect the TVout, but today (January 20) I bought a signal transmitter to send the signal to the TV in the main room. The cable is not ntsc, so I have to use the adapter that came with the card. But the TVTool tells that the TV chip of my card cannot be found, so I tried to let alone the tv out (unplugging the monitor), and the signal was well received by the tv. The bad thing is that in the desktop properties I couldn't set the signal type (pal-b in my case, I am from spain), because the option does not appear!!!.
So I think it can be two problems.
1. A driver problem (in august I had the nVidia detonator XP 30.82 drivers, and now I have the newest 41.09.
2. A problem of the adapter (but I don't think so)
It must be one of that two problems, cause they are the unique things I've changed.
If someone has the same problem and has solved it, please, tell me the solution.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2003 00:53
I have a OEM/BETA Siluro Branded GF4MX, and the TV-Out works fine, however I had to buy a converter to change the S-video output to scart to fit my TV. Originally all i could get was black and white and no sound. Then I got TV Tool and it worked but had the PS2 DVD Green-screen problem - So I bought an expensive gold scart lead and hey presto it works

Sorry Ryu I think our cards are nigh on Identical, but I am having no problems with mine? Wish I could help, but other than say obvious things like go to the site and get drivers, I don't know how to fix it Sorry my friend

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2003 10:18
It actually a point that if you buy the cheapest option available to you usually they won't work how you want them too... this isn't because of nVidia, but the company which develops the card and cuts corners to save on development costs.

Luckily for people within the UK you can now get a GeForce4 Ti 4200 64Mb Ram for £100 and a respective TV addon board for £20 (which does ALL GeForce cards)

I have 4 cards which TV in|out and to be honest i've never had a problem with any of them ... installed the card, installed the drivers, rebooted and oftenly used the tools which come with the card only.
However whenever possible i use Windows own tools, because most of the time they work better.

the way i see it is if you want TV out, either bite the bullet and stop being so cheap about your options - or just live without it.

The GeForce 4xx Mx is a mass produced budget card, and you've bought it on this assumption - you're hardly going to go out, buy yourself a cheap car like the Seat Leon and wonder why the powersteering isn't exactly fantastic.
If a card is worth gettin then save up for it, because the cheaper versions are just here to make up the speed not features.

Because speed wise the Mx and Ti's are almost identical

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2003 16:05
the tn2m64 "vanta" is the lowest card to get tv in out in the nvidia series but due to lack of software to make it work in a tv capture play sense u need to see the german guy who sells a product software application that fills the gap where they stuffed up. he charges $20.

Dont expect much tho there crap in all accounts

those cards are like $60 AUD. so 20 pounds or 30 us dollars give or take some change.

If u want Video In out professionally or at a higher quality u will want a breakoutbox or a mpeg decoder which might set you back $500 - $5000 depending on how native effects are processed in realtime or during compilation.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2003 17:41
well you know the saying... you get what your pay for

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 08:16:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 08:16:15