Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Anyone help with a Domain / DNS problem?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2004 20:50 Edited at: 28th Jan 2004 20:54
Is anyone able to tell me anything about the domain thestampman.co.uk ? It is supposed to have been changed over to a new ISP, the nameserver is correct, but I cannot access it.

Are there any tools that can detect if the domain name is actually set up correctly?

dnsstuff.com finds it OK, but I don't know if it stops at the name server and doesn't check any deeper.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
Karlos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2004 21:17
try www.samspade.org - gives pretty good details - generally chaing isps takes a day or two to update the dns servers.

If it ain't broke - try harder.
XP Pro - Radeon 9000 Mobility- P4 3.0ish
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2004 02:00
Site works for me. As Karlos says you usually have to wait a day or two for dns to update around the world. Some ISP's however do not update as often as they should and so some users will not see site correctly. I believe AOL are the worst offenders in my experience.

Open a dos window and use the commands PING or TRACERT to make sure you can see domain correctly.

Boo!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 05:31:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 05:31:10