Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / nuclear glory's collision dll gravity control

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2004 21:56
is there a way to tone down the gravity when using this dll? the gravity seems a little extreme...

thanks,
Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2004 23:37
yup, there is a command for it, not sure what the name is but it's something with the word gravity in it

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb
nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. Although the objects default to 0 gravity, so you must have copied something over. The command is: SetObjGravityPRO()

and can be found here: http://www.nuclearglory.com/tutorials/NGColl/201/DBPro/SetObjGravityPRO.php

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2004 00:20
NGC's SetObjGravityPRO() is a simple subtracted value. But, it is fairly easy to tweak this value to allow for acceleration, negative gravity, etc. I create an array that holds the gravity 'vector' of all my moving objects and apply a small acceleration to each value each loop. If a given object enters a zero gravity or anti-gravity area, it is easy to adjust their gravity vector and then submit all the various amounts to the the NGC system. When I check for collisions with the ground, I can apply individual falling damage, create a negative 'bounce' vector, or reset the vector to zero to the object can begin to fall again, etc.
--
TAZ

Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2004 01:39
thanks that did it

Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:10:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:10:11