Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with programing/dbp

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I need help with a simple text study guide I am making for an upcomming exam. What it does is it gives you a qustion with multiple choice answers and you input the answers. My question is I want the program to store my correct wrong and right answers and then disply a percentile grade (ie You scored a 90%) when I am done. How do I go about doing this. Please take it easy on me because I am totally new to programming.
One Common Ruin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2004 02:43
I'm would suggest adding to your code like a point system (each question 10pts etc)
See code below:

And at the end add all the points up to get the total score.

Anyway hope that help

Zink
mrmystic
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help but it still wasn't quite the answer I was looking for. What I need is some way to take the input from the answers right or wrong and give me a total score at the end of the program that
will display on the screen. I got the idea from when I was in the Air Force and we took our tests on the computer. The program would show you what questions you missed and also displayed your percentile score.
Would I use an array? If so how could I use it in the program? I just know I am stumped on this one.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2004 12:51
if you have 50 questions in total then divide 100 by 50, giving 2, then allocate 2 points for every correct answer, something like this

blah.......
print "NEXT QUESTION!"
correct=3
print how would you finish the illustrated action?"
print
print "1...3 rubber bands and a greased pole"
print "2...a mud pool and vaseline"
print "3...carefully with a rubber hose and klaxon"
input selection
if selection=correct then points=points+2

then at the end of the program do this

if points<25 then print "you need to return to primer school, you got ",points,"%"
if (points >=25) and (points<75) then print "at least you can cross the road without help!, you got ",points,"%"
if points>=75 then print "intelligent life on Earth?, where did you leave your saucer?, you got ",points,"%"

or maybe something a little more tactful , cheers.

Mentor.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800Pro 128mb.
mrmystic
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Mentor that code worked really well and it was just what I was looking for!
mrmystic
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2004 03:59
In your code, every time a question is answered, inc a variable that stores how many questions were asked. If it was the correct answer, increase a variable that stores how many were correct. At the end, divide the correct/total and *100 to the get the percent.

Sorry I am not more detailed, I have to go now.

Good Luck

Xander Moser of Bolt Software
Firewall: Your Computer's First Defense - Real Time Strategy game
[href][/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:35:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:35:54