Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Options for storing data

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm curious what options are available to me for storing data in DBP.

I'd like to have basically a database in which I can include all of my NPC stats, with at least 10 different stats per record.

I would prefer to be able to query this database to only pull the stats for NPCs that are nearby so as not to keep the entire data set in memory.
I understand that arrays are capable of storing a large amount of data, but I'm not sure how to go about querying an array that's stored in a seperate file and frankly I've been having a lot of trouble creating and updating an array properly in the first place, but if I have to figure it out I certainly will.

If that's not possible, are there any ways to query and/or update a SQL database or similar from DBP?

Any guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

One last question, has anyone been successful with assigning data to an array within a function? (i.e. you load an NPC when you are within x distance of it, and when that happens you call a function to load the object and insert stats for that object into your array?)

Thanks in advance

A Cloaking Robe of Elven-Kind hangs in my wardrobe behind
All those things that mother said were proper for a boy
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2004 22:43
Hi Doremar

Not sure if this will help but it is a way on storing and changing data, it only shows how to load the files and move up and down your list, you make your list in notepad then save in procjects as item.txt [or what ever file name you want, you will have to change the file name at the end of load ararry ,line], the program then load it up counts how many line then displays them when you press the up and down keys, if you want to delete one in the list then add a line to use say the D key to delete an array with the ARRAY DELETE ELEMENT Array Name(I) I being the array you wish to delete or using the other commads add or change or save the arrays.

In Space No One can Hear You Scream! (When your comm Line is cut?)
Doremar
Years of Service
User Offline
Very interesting. I'll have to play around with that.
Thanks for the suggestion =)

A Cloaking Robe of Elven-Kind hangs in my wardrobe behind
All those things that mother said were proper for a boy
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2004 11:42
Your Welcome.

In Space No One can Hear You Scream! (When your comm Line is cut?)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:43:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:43:56