Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi guys, i am new to dbpro and i am having a problem with my creation. i am trying to make the camera rotate around an object on the 0,0,0 axis. what would the code be to do this?

also when i make dbpro load my .3ds file it will take about 4 minutes to load up. why would this happen?

any help you guys can give me will be much appreciated as i am losing my hair thinking about it
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2004 15:07
Courtesy of Rob's Blue IDE code snippets...

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
dax24
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks alot for that mate
that has now made me happy as i have the camera rotating around my object and i have stopped pulling my hair out over the code.

do you have any idea why loading a 3d studio object into dbpro would slow it down on loading but not once it has loaded????
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2004 16:34
DBPro has it's own internal format for storing 3D objects. when you load a .3ds file, it get's converted into the internal format, so DBPro can keep track of it.

after that, the object is in memory, so there is no reason to slow down!

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
dax24
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the info guys.
the reason for it slowing down on loadup and not while in the program was because of the .3ds format. i have jkust installed the panda exporter plugin for 3d studio and exported as a .X file and program runs a lot faster on load up and alot smoother when running.

thanks again guys.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:38:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:38:16