Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Superbowl Halftime show...

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 01:58
For those of you who watched, you know what I mean. Not the singing either Comments on this? Do you think it was meant to happen? I noticed all the camears immediatly flicked to something else, and that she only had a piercing...not sticker or anything.

Was it planned? Did the cameras know about it? Was it just secret between Janet and Justin? Was it just a complete mistake? WHAT?!

Post your comments

RPGamer

We need help! Email us! join@eternaldestinyonline.com
Represent
Years of Service
User Offline
I dunno. I dont care. Hopefully justin/janet get in trouble or something.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 02:07
Didn't see it but I doubt it was an accident. What's the trouble with it? Anyone who lets young kids watch TV these days needs to get a clue anyways IMO.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 07:39
Mouse, do your parents let YOU watch tv?? hmm?

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free subdomain hosting. Unlimited space/transfer. It's nice, I like it, you should too!
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 09:05
"Anyone who lets young kids watch TV these days needs to get a clue anyways IMO."

Anyone who is bothered by a little nudity needs to get a clue in my opinion. I think it was planned so that people would talk about them. Just like this little thread.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 09:32
they keep playing it here again and again lol.

it was the breast thing ive seen at a superbowl hehe

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 11:29
Hehe, Did anyone get a look at the breast itself or the bit of bra Trousersnake was left with?

Not that I focus on things like this, but -

a) The bit of bra looked like it was attached with metal studs, so it would come off with minimal force, it wasn't ripped.

b) She had a rather ornate barnacle on her nipple. Check out the pictures, but I don't think that something that size would be worn unless you were planning on getting your chebs out. For a start, it'd look stupid under her clothes, make her nipple look like a starfish or something.

IMO it was a stunt, and the Superbowl organiser knew about it - they're acting prudish so as not to alienate any fans. It felt like the organisers were trying to branch out to a new international audience. America, we have plenty sports - we don't need 'merican football, baseball, basketball, or half-time shows starring would'nt-you-just-love-to-stab-them celebrities.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 11:32
what's a superbowl?

Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 12:04
Quote: "what's a superbowl?"

Something to eat cereal in when you are realy hungry.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 18:46
Quote: "Mouse, do your parents let YOU watch tv?? hmm? "

A- We don't have TV.

B- No.

C- 14 isn't really a 'young child'.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 21:21
darn, sounds interesting this... who are janet and justin?

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "we don't need 'merican football, baseball, basketball, or half-time shows starring would'nt-you-just-love-to-stab-them celebrities"

Eh, well I understand why you used the apostrophe in place of the A in American, but we don't say that. Furthermore, it's a stereotype that all Americans shorten words and cut off endings - I know I don't.

One more point. Don't tell America, tell corporate America. Big difference there.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2004 03:27
Red eye-> Justin timberlake is some asinine singer/teen heartthrob who releases vapid, brainless pop albums to massess of similarly mentally bankrupt teenage female fans. Janet is his clone who got a sex operation and a plastic face so, naturally, she releases brainless albums for male teenage fans.

burrbittyburr
Years of Service
User Offline
I BBQ'ed a Superbowl - can't say I watched that trash though. I'll will say; from the news footage, it looked like she had a velcro breastpatch that dude pulled off for entertainment value.

Specs[1 GiG Athlon,Geforce Ti4, 128mb]
Neophyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2004 07:58
@burrbittyburr

"I'll will say; from the news footage, it looked like she had a velcro breastpatch that dude pulled off for entertainment value"

Thats basically what happened, yup.

I don't know if anyone has heard this yet(though everyone probably already has) but Janet confirmed that it was intentional though she said it was a "last minute" kind of thing.

Why am I not surprised.

Oh, wait, that's because I'm a cynic.
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Eh they planned it so far in advance lol they just wanted a excuse to show a little nudity at the superbowl lol

The search continues.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2004 11:28
Hzence,

I often drop the A in 'merican, but that's not me having a dig at Americans, if I was saying 'merican out loud, it'd be in a broad west-highland Scottish accent. People in smaller countries often generalise, older people anyway - if anything, dropping the A is a dig at all those septic grannies who sit and complain about anything remotely different. Most Americans speak more legibly than me, Scots tend to speak quickly so that non-Scots don't realise what we just called them . I don't think my statements were that political, I do genuinely hate most pop stars, and we really don't need American sports - there's too much sports on British TV as it is, the only thing I'd like to see diffuse into British sport is cheerleaders, they're like the best thing about American sport.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2004 13:57
I found a good pic of it, its not a cover or anything. It was a piercing. It was a ring that went AROUND the nipple with metal coming off the sides of it like a star.

We need help! Email us! join@eternaldestinyonline.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:50:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:50:29