Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / backround space stuff

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 20:50
I would like to have some sort of back round image for my game. Right now i made it so the player can chose to fight on a planet or in space. but when i jus ttexture the backdrop nothing happens. I know about the scroll commands, but my biggest problem is the way my ship moves, see it rolls to make turns. I treid making a big spere, but i cant see it because its sooooo big it gets out of my lin of sight
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 20:56
i would suggest that you increase your camera range and then use a skysphere....you can get these by just makeing a sphere or buy getting one off of Darkmatter....

i think the command is set camera range, or something along those lines...

cheers,
Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 21:59 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2004 22:00
It's all a matter of scale and camera range. Simply play with those values.

If you need space images to use as a texture for your sky sphere, I suggest downloading Starbits 7.0 or POV Ray plus the galaxy include file. Starbits is fully functional shareware and POV Ray is free. The galaxy include file for POV has more features, but it requires more skill to learn how to use. Starbits is fairly point and click. There is a better product called Universe, but it is crippled until you register it.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 18:44:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 18:44:20