Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Anime Tennis Babes Released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Although I own DB Pro, my latest game wasn't written using DB Pro, so I thought I'd better post it here.

Anime Tennis Babes is an addictive arcade tennis game with high quality 3d graphics and a bevy of beautiful babes. I wrote it alone, and it took me the past 6 months, full time ( 12hrs+ per day. )

The free demo can be downloaded from my website. The full version is also available from today for the low price of just $19.99. The demo is missing many features which are present in the full version, but it is not time limited, so you can take your time testing it out.

The game will be available in retail stores in some countries, but since I'm still in discussion with publishers, I can't say for sure which countries will be covered yet.

http://www.animetennisbabes.com
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 22:28
I exited the game and the music continued looping!
And the easy level is too hard! I only got to make 1 point.

Why do programmers always mix up Christmas and Halloween?
Because DEC 25 = OCT 31
Yarbles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 22:35
This game is made in Blitz 3D isn't it?

Imagine if I went on the Blitz forum and tried to advertise my DB made game there.. I'd get crucified by many of the weenies there.

That being said, I liked the production values in this game. It's very nicely done. My only complaint is with the lack of depth in the gameplay, hopefully, that is only an issue with the demo.

sybixsus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 22:57 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2004 23:00
Quote: "1) What language is the game made in??"

It's made in Blitz3d ( I wasn't planning on discussing the language, but since Yarbles already did, I don't really have any choice but to confirm it. ) It was begun before I purchased DB Pro.

Quote: "2) Can you add a level (in the fll version) after the whole game is beaten where you can play with nude players?? "

It's been mentioned. I don't plan on making it a part of the game itself because I want people to buy it for the tennis not the women. The women are more of a bonus with the game rather than vice versa. The media are not copy protected ( though everything is copyrighted ) so it would be easy enough for anyone to make a patch. I may make one myself, but it would be unofficial.

Quote: "I exited the game and the music continued looping!"

That's because the demo version is nag-enabled. When you quit, it opens my webpage and doesn't close the app until you switch back to it. This doesn't happen in the full version. I realise it's annoying, but all my market research says you have to make the restrictions annoying or people won't buy.

Quote: "And the easy level is too hard! I only got to make 1 point."

It's simply a case of practice. At first it seems difficult, but once you've got the hang of it, the easy level is very, very easy. I rarely drop a point against any of the opponents, and the supplied opponent is actually one of the slower opponents.

Quote: "This game is made in Blitz 3D isn't it?
"

Yes.

Quote: "Imagine if I went on the Blitz forum and tried to advertise my DB made game there.. I'd get crucified by many of the weenies there."

This is the off topic forum. There are plenty of other threads here discussing games that weren't made in DB Pro. I would have thought something which was made by a forum member was marginally more intereting, if anything, but I could be wrong. If it's a problem, I'm sure one of the Moderators will tell me.

Quite a few people have shown off their DB Pro work on Blitzcoder, as a matter of fact. One or two even made entries on the showcase ( which was pushing it ) and there were very few negative replies. There will always be a few zealots in any group of people.

Anyway, I'm not advertising it, so much as looking for feedback. Coders generally don't buy games, they make them. There are 1,000,001 places I could post about the game that would give me a better chance of making a sale. The game is finished, but I still may add extra features for registered users if there is sufficient demand, and feedback from my peers seems the best way to see what I might want to add.

Quote: "That being said, I liked the production values in this game. It's very nicely done. My only complaint is with the lack of depth in the gameplay, hopefully, that is only an issue with the demo.
"

Thanks. It is ultimately an arcade game, and pick-up-and-play is the focus. Having said that, the cup competitions, the extra difficulty levels, the extra players, and the extra stadiums do add quite a bit. The majority of the depth actually comes from playing it though. The more you play it, the more ways you find to play shots, the more tricks you learn, the more tactics you find that work against the cpu players. I've been playing it for months ( obviously ) and I'm still finding new ways to win points.
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 23:15
Quote: "That's because the demo version is nag-enabled. When you quit, it opens my webpage and doesn't close the app until you switch back to it. This doesn't happen in the full version. I realise it's annoying, but all my market research says you have to make the restrictions annoying or people won't buy."

Or your customers become so annoyed that they dont buy it

lol

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'd get crucified by many of the weenies there."

But you'd be dying for a good cause my friend.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2004 00:41
Nice job sybixsus. Every once in a while I londer of to the blitz forums to check out games, and yours happened to be one that I've been watching for quite a while.

Congrats on a quality game.

---------------
I'd rather see a post about a new game release(regardless of language), rather than the usual garbage.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
The music running all the time would stop me from buying the full product. How am I supposed to know that the full product doesn't do that???

Pincho.

sybixsus
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The music running all the time would stop me from buying the full product. How am I supposed to know that the full product doesn't do that???"

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It doesn't run all the time. It runs during the menus. When you start a game, the music stops, and when you finish a game, it resumes. When you quit from the program, it opens my webpage and the music continues in the background. As soon as you alt-tab back to it or click it in the taskbar, it stops. We're talking five seconds at most. I'm assuming you haven't downloaded the demo yet? If/when you do, you'll see what I mean.

Quote: "I'm sorry buddy but I run my own business and this is NOT the way to do it...annoying your customers is the worst thing you can do.
"

Shareware is based on the principle of carrot and stick. Here's a great ( you hope ) game for free.. but hey look, this feature doesn't work, that feature is restricted, you can't see those levels, whoops time's up, gotta pay if you wanna play, sorry to interrupt your game, but hey here's a big banner telling you it would be really nice if you bought the game.

But that doesn't mean I've got the balance right. Could you point me in the direction of your shareware games then? I'm always looking to do more market research and if you've found a better method of turning downloads into sales, I'd be very interested to see. What's your ratio of demo downloads to sales? ( I don't expect you to tell me the figures, just the ratio. ) Do you have any nags or is it all on the honour system?

Thanks Yellow. I've always made a habit of checking out games made in DB, DBP, 3DGS, 3dRad, everything. It's always interesting to see what people have come up with. I've seen some great games in all the communities.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 07:50:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 07:50:31